IGNORED

RTR - 'SYMMETRIADES' [AF034LP] [2020]

dsil303

Previews sound much much much better than his/her debut album imo.

Will be preordering this un’

7 minutes ago, thumbass said:

The last one was good although not that original. 

Yeh this one is sounding really nice in that it’s not trying to sound like steinvord.

whoever it is is obvs talented. The previews sound really nice and this s80 track is some lovely acidness. 

• Like 1

another full track can be heard on bandcamp

https://analogicalforce.bandcamp.com/track/gatorc

honestly the first album seemed huge for me and the previews for this one are fire too. 

I don't know if it's a Spanishguy, Steinvord or whoever, but it he / she has my blessings.

Edited by user303
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry, as excited as I was for this (previews sounded much better than the first LP) this isn't doing anything for me. 

The aesthetic is cookie cutter, it doesn't have its own soul... I feel bad saying that especially if it's one of you (fellow watmmers). 

Might have been a totally different listening experience if the artist didn't try to latch on to the steinvord etc lore. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I'm sorry, as excited as I was for this (previews sounded much better than the first LP) this isn't doing anything for me. 

The aesthetic is cookie cutter, it doesn't have its own soul... I feel bad saying that especially if it's one of you (fellow watmmers). Doesn't belong on AF.

Might have been a totally different listening experience if the artist didn't try to latch on to the steinvord etc lore. 

i'm still on initial impression, and can tell there is a lot to digest. it's different from planetx and also different from all the soundcloud tracks that were put up this year (like 17 weird and cool ones). seems like this album is more like spanish guy was going for consistent album vibe and kind of a lot of drums and bass. 

at the end of the day, people deserve to have pseudonyms, and there are things we will never know, and the ambiguous entities deserve respect. the trolling serves to raise awareness of this interesting subject that is only just emerging, in these early years of networked computing. correlation of accounts is bad hygeine. whatever rtr is, it draws pleasure by galvanizing the watmm response of projecting society and identity onto music. it challenges us to allow varying air pressure, and its effects on consciousness, to simply be.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2

^ +1 , 1970's jamaican reggae & dub musicians changed their names & pseudonyms a fair bit w. the same intentions & for the same reasons , & sometimes it was bc of studio contracts lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

StephenG with the brutal takedowns 

I’m not trying to be mean or anything. It’s just not my bag I guess. I guess if I have nothing nice to say I shouldn’t say anything actually. ?

9 hours ago, very honest said:

i'm still on initial impression, and can tell there is a lot to digest. 

I’m going to give it the usual treatment and listen again today, put it away for a couple weeks, and come back to it. Sometimes this helps (me at least). 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

• 2 weeks later...