Cevin Key (of Skinny Puppy) - X̱wáýx̱way (feb. 3)

Spotted this Friday on cEvin's Facebook. Looking forward to checking it out, I think? The track is ok but like most of his stuff in the last decade+ (including Download) it's kinda more of the same. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This album is out and it rips. Psychedelic and spacey. The co-founder of Skinny Puppy dipping into tangerine dream and sun ra territory at times.

• Like 2

I've been hesitant to check it out, based on his lackluster Download output over the last decade. Good to hear it explores different territory than one might expect.

Edited by sidewinder

I wonder why he chose to go with the more generic title of resonance?  I'm still going to attempt to listen to it while exploring X̱wáýx̱way at some point, because I can.

Downloading now.

I wonder why he chose to go with the more generic title of resonance?  I'm still going to attempt to listen to it while exploring X̱wáýx̱way at some point, because I can.
Downloading now.

Title change comes down to respect, after some complaints of cultural appropriation. There are a couple of posts about it on his FB page.
13 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Title change comes down to respect, after some complaints of cultural appropriation. There are a couple of posts about it on his FB page.

face palm GIF by Captain Obvious

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Goiter Sanchez
      New Skinny Puppy album on May 28... Please discuss.

01. wornin'
      02. illisiT
      03. saLvo
      04. gLowbeL
      05. solvent
      06. paragUn
      07. survivalisto
      08. tsudanama
      09. plastiCage
      10. terminal

The album is now streaming for you HERE. 

• By sidewinder
      Skinny Puppy - HanDover

October 25 US / October 28 Europe

1. ovirt
      2. cullorblind
      3. wavy
      4. ashas
      5. gambatte
      6. icktums
      7. point
      8. brownstone
      9. vyrisus
      10. village
      11. noisex

Sound clips: http://www.spv.de/_BRIDGE/products.php?product=308282

Not quite as long of a wait as Plaid's Scinitilli, but it's still been forever since a new album was announced and it finally has a release date. Sounds more electronic than the last 2 albums. I've been a big fan of SP for a long time but the 2 reunion albums so far have been very meh for me. I'm glad to have been able to see them live 3 times since, though. The reunion material sounds much better live when surrounded by older tracks. Anyway, I'm feeling I may like this more, based on the samples. Sound a little "light" rather than dense in sound, but we'll see.
    • Guest tibbar
      By Guest tibbar
      just confirmed yesterday by cEvin Key on a Vancouver radio show that Ogre is currently recording vocals in L.A. with mark walk, and that the album and tour are indeed "on track" for an October release! Key apparently used alot of ReNoise on the new lp.

no title yet.
    • By Rubin Farr
      Very hard to find this one on vinyl, a welcome reissue:
      https://www.amazon.com/Last-Rights-Vinyl-Skinny-Puppy/dp/B002PQ1PB0/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=skinny+puppy+last+rights+vinyl&qid=1603819829&sprefix=skinmy+puppy+last&sr=8-1
      https://www.normanrecords.com/records/184247-skinny-puppy-last-rights?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Tuesday Update 27th October 2020&utm_content=Tuesday Update 27th October 2020+CID_82c745d2d13df78b557ce62ff7ca1f48&utm_source=EmailMarketingSoftware&utm_term=Last Rights Skinny Puppy

• By Rubin Farr
      On the 15th anniversary of his death, early Psyche demos, pre SP, show the psychedelic side of Dwayne Goettel, as was displayed on the excellent Hilt releases, etc.
      https://psychedwaynegoettel.bandcamp.com/releases
      RIP
      If you, or someone you know is considering harming themselves, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.  National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255