Ableton Live 11

hijexx

7 hours ago, user said:

I don't think that's en entirely fair assessment of his skills but I see where you're coming from.

This mix album is still really solid: https://www.discogs.com/release/1398844-Santogold-Top-Ranking-A-Diplo-Dub

And, unrelated to his creative abilities, he comes across as an ok person in this Nardwuar interview:

Diplo's 1st album is a banger

With each consecutive release his music has become more watered down and radio friendly 

I think I like one Diplo track but I don't really know much about him. Carrying water for venture/vulture capitalists - no matter how naive and good-hearted you may be - is a shitty look in the end IMHO. 😞

Yeah I am kind of jaded about the state of tech and the world in general, why do you ask?

On 7/18/2021 at 10:02 AM, thawkins said:

Piracy is even kind of good for them because people can try out the software and sometimes end up paying for the full version, why would they break that flow.

Just biked in to say that I think this is an underrated truth of the music making industry. Over the years I've (NEVER IN CASE THE INTERNET IS LISTENING) torrented/Limewired a LOT of stuff (including Ableton) ... but in the end I've ended up purchasing pretty much everything that I ended up routinely using. Recently had to replace my failing laptop and realized... I am now like 99% legit. Everything I'm installing on the new rig I own outright, with a small % of things I'll pick up on Black Friday sales to round things out. 

I think I'm probably not alone here - pirating is kind of like taking software on an "unlimited demo" run and I imagine that a decent percentage of people end up actually shelling out for their software... or, at least, a % that is high enough that the company makes more $ than if they engage in hugely draconian anti-piracy methodologies.  

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 3:32 PM, user said:

Been meaning to respond to this for ages. I noticed the same thing but I still have both devices in my library.  And to add to the confusion my yellow ones seem to be the live 11 ones the one in the screenshot has the mpe label for example. There's probably an easier way to do this but I just add my preferred version of live's devices to my favourites label thing in the browser, should have some sort of spring cleaning next year. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 20.29.13.png

I do this too. I have all the good ones marked, and I have also discovered I think from someone here that some of my favorite max devices moved to audio effects.

i love ableton man. Love that stuff about them telling the investors to fuck themselves.