IGNORED

Kruder & Dorfmeister - 1995

zero

I know this was first mentioned by @jules in the K&D sessions thread, but figured this deserved its own thread.

They are doing a virtual album release tonight (7pm EST)

https://kruderdorfmeister1995.com/

https://www.magneticmag.com/2020/11/kruder-dorfmeister-launching-new-album-1995-virtual-release-party/

spacer.png

• Like 4

been listening this morning to it. definitely no surprises here, this sounds exactly as I thought it would. 

agreed about a soft spot for them and this type of music. K&D Sessions and their DJ-Kicks were found pretty much everywhere in the late '90s. lots of good hazy memories from back then hanging out at various apartments listening to downtempo/trip-hop/whatever you want to call it stuff.

I don't wake n' bake anymore, but if I did this would be the perfect album for it...

• Like 1

Perhaps I may have missed it (tho I looked darn hard) - is there a place where one can exchange money for just the digital vinyls?  Or did y'all splurge on those sexy sold-out box sets? Spotify? ??

Really stoked to hear this - quote from the magneticmag review sums up me feels nicely:

After discovering a box of DATS (Digital Audio Tapes) in their old G-Stone studio (or so the story goes), the duo reunited and decided to release a new recording. The origin story here seems a little heavy-handed, but we will forgive them because it's Kruder and fucking Dorfmeister. Was this a lost album recovered from dusty tapes, or is that a metaphor? Who cares - it's here.

On 11/13/2020 at 3:54 PM, dr lopez said:

Kruder & Dorfmeister - Paradigm Talent Agency

"I'd do me"

"yeeeeahrgh" *audience applause*

Kinda wanna know now who's treasure trail that is in the K&D Session paraphernalia...

21 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

Perhaps I may have missed it (tho I looked darn hard) - is there a place where one can exchange money for just the digital vinyls?  Or did y'all splurge on those sexy sold-out box sets? Spotify? ??

Really stoked to hear this - quote from the magneticmag review sums up me feels nicely:

"I'd do me"

"yeeeeahrgh" *audience applause*

Kinda wanna know now who's treasure trail that is in the K&D Session paraphernalia...

I splurged on the K&D Sessions LPs a bit ago - so I just bought this one on itunes. It is on Spotify as well. I am regretting not getting the vinyl of this one but may do it soon. I think you get the digitals from their store if your order physical.

Edited by jules

Thanks @jules, I don't have either spotify or iTunes, though the missus can get it for me through the latter if it comes to it.  Did a search after seeing as Discogs sez that it was released as flacs, seems its only on Juno and it's $20, which seems a bit steep, but then again I'm a cheap mofo

6 minutes ago, zero said:

@BobDobalina guys wondering about who's treasure trail that is are exactly the kinds of guys who splurge on the 200 euro collector's edition box set...c'mon man, you know you want it.

Flol. I would however totally buy a Suzuki bathrobe if they did a repress (reknit?) of that

15 hours ago, Extralife said:

There is no way a K&D album release would have been tolerated here in ‘03.

dunno if you were here back in '03, but that's not saying much. it was mostly the wild west of immaturity back then. ms paint drawings of feces, tranny dicks, ye-ye pumpkins and the like...

31 minutes ago, zero said:

dunno if you were here back in '03, but that's not saying much. it was mostly the wild west of immaturity back then. ms paint drawings of feces, tranny dicks, ye-ye pumpkins and the like...

Yeah I don't get that quote either

I see no discrepancy between listening to downtempo music like K&D since 90s and being a watmmer at the same time...

24 minutes ago, Adamovich said:

I see no discrepancy between listening to downtempo music like K&D since 90s and being a watmmer at the same time...

Yeah not to pile on but I fully agree... and if memory serves me correctly it was mostly breakcore that was watmm's whipping bwoy back then; that is, until the wubwubwubs of dubstep came along and kicked those juicy snare rushes out their seats.

Edited by BobDobalina