Jump to content

Kruder & Dorfmeister - 1995


Recommended Posts

I know this was first mentioned by @jules in the K&D sessions thread, but figured this deserved its own thread.

They are doing a virtual album release tonight (7pm EST)

https://kruderdorfmeister1995.com/

https://www.magneticmag.com/2020/11/kruder-dorfmeister-launching-new-album-1995-virtual-release-party/

spacer.png

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

really digging this a lot. I have such a soft spot for these guys. Was supposed to see them in NYC last October. Really bummed about that one getting cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

been listening this morning to it. definitely no surprises here, this sounds exactly as I thought it would. 

agreed about a soft spot for them and this type of music. K&D Sessions and their DJ-Kicks were found pretty much everywhere in the late '90s. lots of good hazy memories from back then hanging out at various apartments listening to downtempo/trip-hop/whatever you want to call it stuff.

I don't wake n' bake anymore, but if I did this would be the perfect album for it...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps I may have missed it (tho I looked darn hard) - is there a place where one can exchange money for just the digital vinyls?  Or did y'all splurge on those sexy sold-out box sets? Spotify? ??

Really stoked to hear this - quote from the magneticmag review sums up me feels nicely:

Quote

After discovering a box of DATS (Digital Audio Tapes) in their old G-Stone studio (or so the story goes), the duo reunited and decided to release a new recording. The origin story here seems a little heavy-handed, but we will forgive them because it's Kruder and fucking Dorfmeister. Was this a lost album recovered from dusty tapes, or is that a metaphor? Who cares - it's here.

 

On 11/13/2020 at 3:54 PM, dr lopez said:

Kruder & Dorfmeister - Paradigm Talent Agency

"I'd do me"

"yeeeeahrgh" *audience applause*

Kinda wanna know now who's treasure trail that is in the K&D Session paraphernalia...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

Perhaps I may have missed it (tho I looked darn hard) - is there a place where one can exchange money for just the digital vinyls?  Or did y'all splurge on those sexy sold-out box sets? Spotify? ??

Really stoked to hear this - quote from the magneticmag review sums up me feels nicely:

 

"I'd do me"

"yeeeeahrgh" *audience applause*

Kinda wanna know now who's treasure trail that is in the K&D Session paraphernalia...

I splurged on the K&D Sessions LPs a bit ago - so I just bought this one on itunes. It is on Spotify as well. I am regretting not getting the vinyl of this one but may do it soon. I think you get the digitals from their store if your order physical.

Edited by jules
Link to post
Share on other sites

@BobDobalina guys wondering about who's treasure trail that is are exactly the kinds of guys who splurge on the 200 euro collector's edition box set...c'mon man, you know you want it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @jules, I don't have either spotify or iTunes, though the missus can get it for me through the latter if it comes to it.  Did a search after seeing as Discogs sez that it was released as flacs, seems its only on Juno and it's $20, which seems a bit steep, but then again I'm a cheap mofo

6 minutes ago, zero said:

@BobDobalina guys wondering about who's treasure trail that is are exactly the kinds of guys who splurge on the 200 euro collector's edition box set...c'mon man, you know you want it.

Flol. I would however totally buy a Suzuki bathrobe if they did a repress (reknit?) of that

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are getting old. 
 

There is no way a K&D album release would have been tolerated here in ‘03.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(...this is actually pretty good.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Extralife said:

There is no way a K&D album release would have been tolerated here in ‘03.

dunno if you were here back in '03, but that's not saying much. it was mostly the wild west of immaturity back then. ms paint drawings of feces, tranny dicks, ye-ye pumpkins and the like...

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, zero said:

dunno if you were here back in '03, but that's not saying much. it was mostly the wild west of immaturity back then. ms paint drawings of feces, tranny dicks, ye-ye pumpkins and the like...

Yeah I don't get that quote either

I see no discrepancy between listening to downtempo music like K&D since 90s and being a watmmer at the same time...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Adamovich said:

I see no discrepancy between listening to downtempo music like K&D since 90s and being a watmmer at the same time...

Yeah not to pile on but I fully agree... and if memory serves me correctly it was mostly breakcore that was watmm's whipping bwoy back then; that is, until the wubwubwubs of dubstep came along and kicked those juicy snare rushes out their seats.

Edited by BobDobalina
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

×
×
  • Create New...