IGNORED

Slow Rage

Acedia

Hey guys Im fairly new here and would love to hear what you think of my new song. I've been struggling to get myself to release music for years, so I hope you guys dig it!

Edited by Acedia
  • Like 4

On 11/15/2020 at 9:10 PM, Danny O Flannagin said:

Really nice track overall, drums sound crisp and alive (not midi programmed?)

Also like the transitions and the part where the beat drops out. 

Good job

Thanks man! yeah I sample a drum loop and layer it on top of programmed drums, then sometimes slice up for variation.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 11:59 AM, Acedia said:

Hey guys Im fairly new here and would love to hear what you think of my new song. I've been struggling to get myself to release music for years, so I hope you guys dig it!

really nice energy to this! wasn't expecting that middle section, nice songform all around. only thing i'd say is i was hoping for maybe a few little variations/flourishes here and there? it's really solid as it is tho, nothing wrong with it at all ?

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback dude! Yeah I think ur right about some added flourishes, been working on some stuff recently with a lot more variety. Glad the energy was there! Thats the most important piece to this song imo

• Like 1

I liked this, it's pretty and melodic, and crystal clear, punchy sound. The drums have a good feel to them, I agree with the comment about them sounding "alive". It has a bit of a 90s breakbeat/bigbeat feel to it. 

'm definitely a fan of that style of cut up vocals (is there a name for that?) and in this context, it kinda sounds like you've mixed together a few different dance music tropes, from different eras, in an original way.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 4:49 PM, springymajig said:

definitely a fan of that style of cut up vocals (is there a name for that?)

Yeah im not sure! Ive been calling them sampled vocals but im not sure if theres a technical term lol. Thanks for the feedback tho dude I appreciate it!