IGNORED

Confession thread

drillkicker

36 minutes ago, dingformung said:

.doc72nwx6b2meq13bazl898-MASTER-17619.jpg

looks like a simplified martino sandwich (very popular in belgium), delicious in my book

i'd add a touch of tabasco + olive oil or vinegar/lemon juice/worcestershire sauce or something though

you could also toast the buns for the twist and extra taste/texture

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

i'd add a touch of tabasco + olive oil or vinegar/lemon juice/worcestershire sauce or something though

Oh come on. Not everything needs to be covered in sauce.

But ... really ... raw pig? You guys trying to get tapeworms or something?

The painter I used to job for years ago called it "Thuringian Sushi", lol. Raw pork is completely fine. I wouldn't use that stuff from the supermarket, though and instead get high quality minced meat from the butcher.

When I cook pork I usually leave it medium, too. It's only birds that you should never leave raw (except birds with dark meat like ducks, I like my duck medium).

19 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Oh come on. Not everything needs to be covered in sauce.

But ... really ... raw pig? You guys trying to get tapeworms or something?

who said anything about covering anything in sauce? just add a touch of those and you're fine

not sure about the raw pork part though. the french and the belgian use beef meat only for tartare

There used to be a problem with North American pigs, trichinella was and may still be very common I'm not sure. So most people in Canada and the US grew up (rightfully) fearing undercooked pork.

I think in other countries where food handling practices are better, or perhaps the pigs aren't farmed in parasite infested mass pig farms, raw pork is probably more acceptable & safe.

• Like 2

To his credit though, he seems to know the appropriate application of olive oil for each dish he uses it in. Plus he doesn't use it when making egg fried rice. Hell, the man straight-up got the Uncle Roger seal of approval.

So here's my confession: I used to think Gordon was prime meme material (and I guess he still is). But I'm starting to have more respect for him as a culinary practitioner. Sure, he tends to have an intense demeanor, but there's no denying that he knows what the hell he's doing.

On 11/15/2020 at 3:57 PM, IDEM said:

What's wrong with Italo Disco?

I mean, nothing in my opinion, but I've definitely been made fun of for it.

It's like how I'm a huge Vsnares fan, but this forum used to have a huge hate train for him.

11 hours ago, dingformung said:

There is another regional dish here that's called Tote Oma ("dead grandmother"), which is a thick sauce made from blood. Well, actually it's made from a sausage that is made from blood - blood and tongues.

gruetzwurst-in-pfanne_bild-von-koestlich

I think he uses it wrong. He uses olive oil for high heat searing, a temperature at which olive oil tends to burn.

Ok so this honestly sounds kinda interesting, and my question is, why does stuff like this have to be so taboo in the US? I feel like if the animal is going to die why not use every part of its body that you can. 

Edited by Acedia
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Confession:  So I'm packing up my apartment and it struck me how many books I have that actually belong to other people, in some cases people I haven't seen in a very long time. These people "lent" me these books and never got them back. I'm that guy. Apparently it happens a lot ?

Dude I want my book back.

• Like 1

I've tried to get my friends to "loan" books from me hoping that they would not return them so I can save shelf space but the bastards keep bringing them back

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Y'all have friends?

?

That's what watmm's for:)

• Like 2
  • Burger 2