IGNORED

Confession thread

drillkicker

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog…When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I went nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out…But the worst thing I ever done — I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, then, I made a noise like this: huä-huä-huä-huäääääää — and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

51 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I have killed a man... A man who looked like me.

I wanted to go for that, but then I remembered that someone (yekker, I believe?), had done it in the other thread.

Confession: When I was a kid, my dad had this whole bag of comic books in his closet that he'd probably gotten at a fleamarket or something (we weren't particularly rich), and whenever I had "been a good boy", had done well in a test or whatever, he'd give me one, just one.

Once, when my parents were away for the weekend and my aunt was looking after me, I sneaked into my parents' bedroom, found the comic books in the closet, took the whole stack out to the garden with me and read all of them, one after the other, all day long. Then I hid them away again and never confessed. 

The problem was that as our ritual continued, I had to feign excitement over a "new" comic book that I had read months ago, and I'd know all the stories in it. It sucked the joy out of the whole thing and made me feel really bad.

I guess there's a lesson in there somewhere 

Also, I killed a man that looked like toaoaoad and yekker.

• Sad 1
  • Burger 2

12 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Once, when my parents were away for the weekend and my aunt was looking after me, I sneaked into my parents' bedroom, found the comic books in the closet, took the whole stack out to the garden with me and read all of them, one after the other, all day long. Then I hid them away again and never confessed. 

I did something like this as a kid, I can't remember what I did but I somehow got my Nintendo taken away for a month.  About a week in I got home from school before my parents, got it out of the closet, and made myself a mix tape of all the title screen music (or the whole soundtrack for one or two that had sound test cheats I knew) for the handful of games I owned so if I couldn't play Nintendo at least I could listen to it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

beef tongue is pretty dope. tbh i was never particularly squemish about eating unusual parts of animals, even less so after working in a butcher shop for a year

Hide contents

i've eaten some pretty weird shit

Have you ever eaten pork brain ?

2 hours ago, IDEM said:

I wanted to go for that, but then I remembered that someone (yekker, I believe?), had done it in the other thread.

Also, I killed a man that looked like toaoaoad and yekker.

I confess that I have not seen this Other Thread. It did feel like kind of a tired joke but I went for it anyway :emotawesomepm9: 

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

It's probably already apparent by now anyway, but I've been trapped in the live anime girl streamer rabbit hole for the last two months. And usually I can understand at least a third of what they're saying, but my overall Japanese proficiency still leaves much to be desired. But at least I haven't succumbed to buying true weeb shit like body pillows so far.

(This is pretty embarrassing tbh. But I had to get it off my chest at some point.)

But if you get a body pillow you can have that on, under, or around your chest!

• Farnsworth 1

7 hours ago, drillkicker said:

yeah! the chefs at the restaurant (owned by the same company) were making a fancy pasta dish with pork brain at one point & i tried it. tbh i can't remember particular details beyond "it was good" - i mean with the amount of additional ingredients & flavourings they would have been putting into the dish,the actual brain part was hard to discern.

Other things I tried at the butchershop:

haggis (very nice but a pain in the ass to make)

fish heads (basically just tastes like fish. you can get them really cheap in the grocery store, so that's a hot tip for any of y'all that can get past the psychological feeling of eating eyeballs)

most of the major organs that get sold as food (kidneys are the only ones I disliked, mostly because I feel like you need a higher degree of skill to actually make them edible texture-wise)

random stuff scraped off the inside of a dead pig

a jar of ground beef i left in a jar in my cupboard for a month with nothing but salt to preserve it (it was grey when i ate it)

I also drank 36 extra large raw eggs out of a mason jar in the space of about 45 seconds

cod row

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1

7 hours ago, drillkicker said:

I have, when I was very little. I was a really picky eater as a child, and my parents would mostly accommodate my whims, so my diet consisted mainly of pasta and burgers and so on. But once, when I was staying at my grandma's, she bought those squishy things that she crumbed and fried in a pan. Then she shoved one of them in front of me and said, "Here, eat." When I asked what it was, she told me it was brains. My grandma was a stern woman, and I wouldn't have dared deny her. She also had a wry sense of humor, and I remember that I thought she must be joking, as I could't for the life of me imagine that anyone would really eat the brains of a creature (that seemed like something out of a spooky story), and much less that anyone would make me eat something outrageously disgusting like that, so I dug in. It was only much later that I realized that brains looked exactly like that.

I only have a hazy memory of it and don't recollect the taste, but I think it was fairly bland. In hindsight, I'm not even sure it was pig's brain, could have been calf's too. Still fucked up doe.

• Burger 1

1 hour ago, Cryptowen said:

yeah! the chefs at the restaurant (owned by the same company) were making a fancy pasta dish with pork brain at one point & i tried it. tbh i can't remember particular details beyond "it was good" - i mean with the amount of additional ingredients & flavourings they would have been putting into the dish,the actual brain part was hard to discern.

Other things I tried at the butchershop:

haggis (very nice but a pain in the ass to make)

fish heads (basically just tastes like fish. you can get them really cheap in the grocery store, so that's a hot tip for any of y'all that can get past the psychological feeling of eating eyeballs)

most of the major organs that get sold as food (kidneys are the only ones I disliked, mostly because I feel like you need a higher degree of skill to actually make them edible texture-wise)

random stuff scraped off the inside of a dead pig

a jar of ground beef i left in a jar in my cupboard for a month with nothing but salt to preserve it (it was grey when i ate it)

I also drank 36 extra large raw eggs out of a mason jar in the space of about 45 seconds

cod row

Impressive.

I’ve done most organs except for brains because  I think those can actually be dangerous. If you get used to the taste and texture they’re all quite ok. In fact, I’ve come to like them and would eat them more often if it weren’t for my wife.

Cod roe is great.

I had bat once - the big, flying dog kind. Not much meat on them, gamy taste was well masked with pounded pepper paste.

Edited by rhmilo

3 minutes ago, Richie Sombrero said:

I sub to Spotify and used some site that makes a fantasy festival based on your listens and look at the fucking state of it:

EmsotHvW8AAzYZT.thumb.jpg.ae9c8623572f60499899a270a45a370f.jpg

Based on the iconography, I'd call it "Phallusfest 2020". Headliners can remain.

• Like 2