• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once, I needed pine nuts for some pesto. I saw how expensive they were and ran them through the self check out as salted peanuts instead. 

during the summer of 2016 i found a sandwich on the ground & started eating it & it turned out there were ants in & i kept eating it this happened on more than one occassion

In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max’s toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Ed

Posted Images

Nowhere near the deadliest dish in northern Thailand - that would be the fermented fish paste that can come with parasites that burrow into your brain and cause tumors.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I regularly have wet dreams but they always consist of, like, geometric shapes + fluctuating colour patterns + a vague sense of foreboding

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1
4 hours ago, Tim_J said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gizzard

5ee8dea0bb42c.jpg

Guizards, livers, hearts, necks... 

Pipis-CHFB-30-e1495186629128.jpg

I've eaten all those things.  The only organ I absolutely can't stand is gizzard.  It tastes rotten (even when it isn't).

I think a better confession would be perfectly good foods that you won't eat.

These are confessions?

I accidently didn't pay for something at the grocery store, I felt bad after that happened.

20 minutes ago, yekker said:

These are confessions?

I accidently didn't pay for something at the grocery store, I felt bad after that happened.

I did another shopping one recently. Actually wifey did but I knew about it and didn't stop her. 

There were some really nice beef roasts at costco that they had mistakenly tagged as "lean ground beef patties" so it ended up being like $18 instead of $45. 

We are truly hardened criminals.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

inverse shopping confession: one time i bought a bottle of water at a dep which was supposed to be $1.99, but the cashier charged me $11.99 because there was a scuff mark on the price tag. i didn't say anything because it didn't consciously register until i was walking out of the store (i'd bought a couple other things as well), and i didn't say anything because i was in an introverted mood that day

• Like 1

Re: a few items in this thread without quoting people directly.

I worked at three separate pizza places in my life, none of them put pine nuts in their pesto simply because they are too expensive. As such, I really do prefer the taste of pesto without them, I can only tell by texture when they're included.

My dad used to high small items in the produce bags at checkout to buy them by weight. Such as those Listerine strips mixed in with lettuce. Likewise, I saw my eldest brother do this with stickers on jars and stuff way back in the day.

I have a coworker that constantly uses ellipses unnecessarily. He only started doing it a couple months back and it's incredibly irritating to read his emails because of it, partially because whenever he sends something out to a manager they often personally contact me to ask me to explain what the hell is actually going on.

With the same coworker, he speaks incredibly low (even prior to the pandemic we all wore full PPE), has an eastern European accent, and we work on the manufacturing floor. I have to constantly ask him to speak up, but whenever he doesn't understand something he says "pardon?" to the point where that has become a trigger word for me to get frustrated, having caused me to kind of blow a gasket on a few other coworkers for saying it repeatedly.

I still listen to Nu-Metal and Italo Disco.

I don't think I know what a healthy relationship looks like, such that I don't know how to have my own. On that path, I feel like my "biological clock" is ticking to have a family and kid and such, but I have an absolute mountain of anxiety about even thinking about having a kid in a time like today's.

I am afraid of being overweight. I blame the inflation scene in "The Nutty Professor" on this entirely.

Sometimes the act of eating completely repulses me.

• Like 1
Just now, xyrofen said:

I worked at three separate pizza places in my life, none of them put pine nuts in their pesto simply because they are too expensive. As such, I really do prefer the taste of pesto without them, I can only tell by texture when they're included.

My dad used to high small items in the produce bags at checkout to buy them by weight. Such as those Listerine strips mixed in with lettuce. Likewise, I saw my eldest brother do this with stickers on jars and stuff way back in the day.

I have a coworker that constantly uses ellipses unnecessarily. He only started doing it a couple months back and it's incredibly irritating to read his emails because of it, partially because whenever he sends something out to a manager they often personally contact me to ask me to explain what the hell is actually going on.

With the same coworker, he speaks incredibly low (even prior to the pandemic we all wore full PPE), has an eastern European accent, and we work on the manufacturing floor. I have to constantly ask him to speak up, but whenever he doesn't understand something he says "pardon?" to the point where that has become a trigger word for me to get frustrated, having caused me to kind of blow a gasket on a few other coworkers for saying it repeatedly.

I don't think I know what a healthy relationship looks like, such that I don't know how to have my own. On that path, I feel like my "biological clock" is ticking to have a family and kid and such, but I have an absolute mountain of anxiety about even thinking about having a kid in a time like today's.

I am afraid of being overweight. I blame the inflation scene in "The Nutty Professor" on this entirely.

Where's your confession tho?

One time in Paris I took a bite of andouilette before I knew what andouilette was.  At least it was cold (OTOH if it wasn't cold the smell would have warned me to stay away).

EDIT: not a confession, the food talk earlier jsut reminded me of it.

If anyone should be confessing here it's the entire French culture for inventing andouillette.

Edited by TubularCorporation

Chicken hearts are delicious. I genuinely enjoy liver (usually beef). Tongue, heart, all good. Haven't tried kidneys. Not crazy about tripe, only had it in pho, don't really think it adds anything special. Pretty open about this stuff, but once a friend and I had a fried pig intestine dish at a Chinese restaurant and it legit tasted like shit and we couldn't eat it. Might be the fault of the restaurant in that case but still, that was beyond a certain limit. 
I'm pretty good with just about all foods but maybe haven't tried anything that weird yet. 
Can't stand bananas tho. Not even the smell. Get that shit away from me. 

This turned into a food confession thread? I'm glad I backtracked on my initial confession of killing a man by turning it into a joke. 

Once I was at a 7-11 and someone had left a $20 bill lying on the chips or whatever in front of the till, and I took it without saying anything. But I put it towards buying dinner for someone I was apologizing to. I've always felt a bit morally weird about that combo, but at the time it seemed like a good balance.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, xyrofen said:

What's wrong with Italo Disco?

one time i wore the same pair of track pants for three weeks, slept in them etc. made out with someone while wearing them towards the end of week two

• Facepalm 1
6 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

I regularly have wet dreams but they always consist of, like, geometric shapes + fluctuating colour patterns + a vague sense of foreboding

Very IDM!

Confession: I stole two slices of my roommates cheese

Edited by Valleyfold

I have a general and pervasive sense of guilt at all times but can't pinpoint exactly to its origin because of the sweeping extent of my misdeeds coupled with the expertise to which I can repress my memories and compartmentalise my sense of self 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I have a general and pervasive sense of guilt at all times but can't pinpoint exactly to its origin because of the sweeping extent of my misdeeds coupled with the expertise to which I can repress my memories and compartmentalise my sense of self 

Who r u I am u I am me No sir, u r u Idk, 2 is 2 - Imgflip

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1
8 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

One time in Paris I took a bite of andouilette before I knew what andouilette was.  At least it was cold (OTOH if it wasn't cold the smell would have warned me to stay away).

One time in Rouen saw andouilette on the menu, couldn’t recall what it was, ordered it, took a bite, was deeply satisfied.

• Like 1

Tripe is a must for any self-respecting bowl of pho.  Pho without tripe is full of self-loathing, which isn't nearly as delicious. 

I've never had tripe outside a pho context.

2 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Tripe is a must for any self-respecting bowl of pho.  Pho without tripe is full of self-loathing, which isn't nearly as delicious. 

Strong words! This is how I feel about the tendon.🤤

• Like 2

23 years ago I got my sixth (fifth if you count both nipples as a compound one) and last piercing, an ampallang (NSFW). The rest I've got are tongue, septum and nose bridge.

Edited by dcom