IGNORED

Confession thread

drillkicker

Nowhere near the deadliest dish in northern Thailand - that would be the fermented fish paste that can come with parasites that burrow into your brain and cause tumors.

• Like 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

4 hours ago, Tim_J said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gizzard

5ee8dea0bb42c.jpg

Guizards, livers, hearts, necks... 

Pipis-CHFB-30-e1495186629128.jpg

I've eaten all those things.  The only organ I absolutely can't stand is gizzard.  It tastes rotten (even when it isn't).

I think a better confession would be perfectly good foods that you won't eat.

20 minutes ago, yekker said:

These are confessions?

I accidently didn't pay for something at the grocery store, I felt bad after that happened.

I did another shopping one recently. Actually wifey did but I knew about it and didn't stop her. 

There were some really nice beef roasts at costco that they had mistakenly tagged as "lean ground beef patties" so it ended up being like $18 instead of $45. 

We are truly hardened criminals.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

inverse shopping confession: one time i bought a bottle of water at a dep which was supposed to be $1.99, but the cashier charged me $11.99 because there was a scuff mark on the price tag. i didn't say anything because it didn't consciously register until i was walking out of the store (i'd bought a couple other things as well), and i didn't say anything because i was in an introverted mood that day

• Like 1

Re: a few items in this thread without quoting people directly.

I worked at three separate pizza places in my life, none of them put pine nuts in their pesto simply because they are too expensive. As such, I really do prefer the taste of pesto without them, I can only tell by texture when they're included.

My dad used to high small items in the produce bags at checkout to buy them by weight. Such as those Listerine strips mixed in with lettuce. Likewise, I saw my eldest brother do this with stickers on jars and stuff way back in the day.

I have a coworker that constantly uses ellipses unnecessarily. He only started doing it a couple months back and it's incredibly irritating to read his emails because of it, partially because whenever he sends something out to a manager they often personally contact me to ask me to explain what the hell is actually going on.

With the same coworker, he speaks incredibly low (even prior to the pandemic we all wore full PPE), has an eastern European accent, and we work on the manufacturing floor. I have to constantly ask him to speak up, but whenever he doesn't understand something he says "pardon?" to the point where that has become a trigger word for me to get frustrated, having caused me to kind of blow a gasket on a few other coworkers for saying it repeatedly.

I still listen to Nu-Metal and Italo Disco.

I don't think I know what a healthy relationship looks like, such that I don't know how to have my own. On that path, I feel like my "biological clock" is ticking to have a family and kid and such, but I have an absolute mountain of anxiety about even thinking about having a kid in a time like today's.

I am afraid of being overweight. I blame the inflation scene in "The Nutty Professor" on this entirely.

Sometimes the act of eating completely repulses me.

• Like 1

Just now, xyrofen said:

I worked at three separate pizza places in my life, none of them put pine nuts in their pesto simply because they are too expensive. As such, I really do prefer the taste of pesto without them, I can only tell by texture when they're included.

My dad used to high small items in the produce bags at checkout to buy them by weight. Such as those Listerine strips mixed in with lettuce. Likewise, I saw my eldest brother do this with stickers on jars and stuff way back in the day.

I have a coworker that constantly uses ellipses unnecessarily. He only started doing it a couple months back and it's incredibly irritating to read his emails because of it, partially because whenever he sends something out to a manager they often personally contact me to ask me to explain what the hell is actually going on.

With the same coworker, he speaks incredibly low (even prior to the pandemic we all wore full PPE), has an eastern European accent, and we work on the manufacturing floor. I have to constantly ask him to speak up, but whenever he doesn't understand something he says "pardon?" to the point where that has become a trigger word for me to get frustrated, having caused me to kind of blow a gasket on a few other coworkers for saying it repeatedly.

I don't think I know what a healthy relationship looks like, such that I don't know how to have my own. On that path, I feel like my "biological clock" is ticking to have a family and kid and such, but I have an absolute mountain of anxiety about even thinking about having a kid in a time like today's.

I am afraid of being overweight. I blame the inflation scene in "The Nutty Professor" on this entirely.

Where's your confession tho?

One time in Paris I took a bite of andouilette before I knew what andouilette was.  At least it was cold (OTOH if it wasn't cold the smell would have warned me to stay away).

EDIT: not a confession, the food talk earlier jsut reminded me of it.

If anyone should be confessing here it's the entire French culture for inventing andouillette.

Edited by TubularCorporation

2 hours ago, xyrofen said:

What's wrong with Italo Disco?

4 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I have a general and pervasive sense of guilt at all times but can't pinpoint exactly to its origin because of the sweeping extent of my misdeeds coupled with the expertise to which I can repress my memories and compartmentalise my sense of self 

Who r u I am u I am me No sir, u r u Idk, 2 is 2 - Imgflip

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

8 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

One time in Paris I took a bite of andouilette before I knew what andouilette was.  At least it was cold (OTOH if it wasn't cold the smell would have warned me to stay away).

One time in Rouen saw andouilette on the menu, couldn’t recall what it was, ordered it, took a bite, was deeply satisfied.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

I've eaten andouillette loads. Had it on a crepe or with mustard sauce. I've also eaten calf brain ravioli. Well hard, me. Only thing I won't eat is tripe.

But a proper andouillette is full of tripe.  Tripe and pig ass.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2020 at 9:58 AM, Cryptowen said:

most of the major organs that get sold as food (kidneys are the only ones I disliked, mostly because I feel like you need a higher degree of skill to actually make them edible texture-wise)

I think you have to cover them in A LOT of salt (1:1 ratio kidney:salt) for 5 - 7 minutes to tenderise them. Not longer because they get too salty otherwise. But never did it myself - not because I find it disgusting but because I just never get the idea to make kidneys.

16 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Chicken hearts are delicious.

Best part of chicken soup. They melt in the mouth.

In my region it's common to eat raw minced meat (pork or beef or a mixture) on a bun with raw onions and pickles. I only found out later that people from other places often find that weird.

doc72nwx6b2meq13bazl898-MASTER-17619.jpg

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 3
  • Burger 1