IGNORED

Confession thread

drillkicker

On 11/14/2020 at 6:16 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I will see your Pearl Jam, and raise you a Stone Temple Pilots.

I like pearl jam and a few stone temple pilots songs...sue me, I’m an old. 

My confession: I’ve never watched any It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia until now. Binged the first season today. Fcuking great!

3 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

My confession: I’ve never watched any It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia until now. Binged the first season today. Fcuking great!

Yeh I love that show lol. It’s so ridiculous and over the top (it gets crazier in later seasons). But I love it. Danny Devito makes it gold

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

I too am old, and unable to dislike anything associated with the classic grunge era.  There are a few moments on Ten where Vedder goes a bit overboard with the "rrrryeahuh" affectations, but he cut that from his vocab by the time Vitalogy came around.  PJ's been quietly releasing one solid rock album after another ever since.

Here’s a confession. I rinse my cooked ground beef (mince) with boiling water.

*waits for caze to tell me what I’m not allowed to do with my beef* :trollface:

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

what for?

Reduce saturated fat (I have heart problems/hypertension so I keep an eye on fats) and calories. The rinsing gets rid of a ton of the fat. In a lot of recipes like soups and chilli I also prefer the flavour and texture of the leaned out meat. And studies have shown that key nutrients from beef like niacin and iron are unaffected by rinsing. ?

edit: I should correct myself. I don’t use boiling water, just very very hot. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Farnsworth 1

On 11/20/2020 at 5:15 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Reduce saturated fat (I have heart problems/hypertension so I keep an eye on fats) and calories. The rinsing gets rid of a ton of the fat. In a lot of recipes like soups and chilli I also prefer the flavour and texture of the leaned out meat. And studies have shown that key nutrients from beef like niacin and iron are unaffected by rinsing. ?

edit: I should correct myself. I don’t use boiling water, just very very hot. 

Do you rinse extra lean ground beef?

• Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Do you rinse extra lean ground beef?

Yeh we would after its cooked and drained. We typically only buy lean though - price premium on extra lean vs the extra 5% of fat or whatever that's missing isn't worth it + for some reason extra lean isn't very common here?

Regular beef if you're draining and rinsing ends up being equally as expensive or slightly more than lean (based on final yield in g/$1. 

... maybe this counts as a confession I don't know. No piss rinsing of beef involved. But when I was first doing this I tracked yield and cost etc in a spreadsheet to figure out which grade ground beef was most cost effective. To save essentially pennies...

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Burger 2

11 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

If your macro ratios are potentially fucking with your heart, I’d say you might want to rethink those macros...but...

homer simpson surgery GIF

No no it’s still alcohol fucking with my heart I just watch my macros because I don’t want to cut back on my suntory whiskies ?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

No no it’s still alcohol fucking with my heart I just watch my macros because I don’t want to cut back on my suntory whiskies ?

Wait, so you're not the guy in your avatar? I've been fooled!