IGNORED

Album of the year 2020

scumtron

On 1/12/2021 at 4:23 PM, Ivan Ooze said:

would add playboi carti - whole lotta red to my list 2

not joking

Sorry for the late quote but I agree and am kinda surprised watmm didn't talk about this album more. If anyone wants something that's legit weird in hip hop, this album is it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Taupe Beats said:

Sorry for the late quote but I agree and am kinda surprised watmm didn't talk about this album more. If anyone wants something that's legit weird in hip hop, this album is it.

It's hard being on a idm forum with these old men

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Taupe Beats said:

Yeah this place occasionally shows me how naive I am.

the album is basically entirely composed of cliche, is massively popular, and has received acclaim by basically every mainstream outlet.

watmm isn't advanced enough to get this legit weird masterpiece...ok man

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

the album is basically entirely composed of cliche, is massively popular, and has received acclaim by basically every mainstream outlet.

watmm isn't advanced enough to get this legit weird masterpiece...ok man

I heard noone talk about how legit weird of a masterpiece it is here 🙃

7 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

I heard noone talk about how legit weird of a masterpiece it is here 🙃

don’t be daft m9

like what you like, I’m just pushing back at a common kind of music snobbery where people claim that others are too old or closed minded to understand the music you like…especially if it’s an extremely mainstream hip hop album with (imo) very tired lyrics and played out trap beats that are like a decade past their prime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alcofribas said:

don’t be daft m9

like what you like, I’m just pushing back at a common kind of music snobbery where people claim that others are too old or closed minded to understand the music you like…especially if it’s an extremely mainstream hip hop album with (imo) very tired lyrics and played out trap beats that are like a decade past their 

It's a fresh album in the genre and most people called it trash when it dropped.

Been listening to the album for more then 2 years so imo its a great album

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

the album is basically entirely composed of cliche

Very wrong

edit:  Also going off on cliches and then calling something "mainstream", stop with the dumb hypocritical shit.

Edited by Taupe Beats
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

Very wrong

edit:  Also going off on cliches and then calling something "mainstream", stop with the dumb hypocritical shit.

lol. lmao. 

this record debuted at number 1 on the billboard 200 and has received superlative judgement in mainstream press. this is a factual observation, not a cliche. I know you’re aware of this. 

i just think it’s cringe to portray the fact that this didn’t get a lot of hype on watmm as an indication that it’s too “weird” for the olds. it’s a mainstream hip hop album. there’s absolutely nothing innovative about it, it’s 808 samples playing some of the most done to death beats in an extremely tired genre with very mid rapping. take a listen to 5 seconds of the ae live shit that just got released and then tell me playboi cardi is too weird for watmm. come on man. 

I absolutely do not care if music is mainstream, I love plenty of mainstream shit and I don’t begrudge anybody for liking popular music at all. I’m pushing back against the implication that people on this forum are too closed-minded to appreciate something like this, bc frankly this is very simplistic music that is quite easy to ignore among the mass of music that it sounds identical to. this shit is the sound coming out of every single smartphone or car speaker in the last decade. it’s also played (literally in the case of carti) in hip restaurants with hard to pronounce asian names. which I know bc I work in the same building as one of these lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Ok time to go 2 bed grandpa

i do think the irony here is that you two are in hyper granpa mode with this one

valorizing a trap album that is filled to the brim with nothing but genre conventions as indicative of what is "weird in hip-hop" is absolutely bed pan levels of the octogenarian 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

i do think the irony here is that you two are in hyper granpa mode with this one

valorizing a trap album that is filled to the brim with nothing but genre conventions as indicative of what is "weird in hip-hop" is absolutely bed pan levels of the octogenarian 

I heard the album over a 100times 🧛‍♂️, you havent even heard it once yet go full rage mode.

Are you ok man? 😆

My dad says i have a terrible music taste for liking ae btw 🙃

Yeah, never too much (what?), uh, yeah, never too much (yeah)

Uh, yeah, never too much (what?), uh, yeah, never too much (what? Yeah)

Uh, yeah, she suckin' my dick (what?), uh, uh, she eat it for lunch (what? Uh)

Uh, yeah, I hit it from the back (what?), uh, yeah, I'm beatin' it up (yeah, slatt)

Uh, yeah, I'm beatin' it up (what?), uh, yeah, I'm beatin' it up (what? Yeah)

I'm in love with them drugs (drugs), uh, yeah, I'm kissin' the cup (what?)

She in love with a thug (what?), yeah, I don't give no fuck (what?)

I won't stress 'bout a bitch (what?), that's not my slut (slatt)

These niggas beefin' over hoes (what? what?), so I keep it up (what?)

Even when I'm at my fuckin' show (bop-bop-bop), I keep one tucked (yeah

spacer.png

Edited by xox
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, xox said:

Yeah, never too much (what?), uh, yeah, never too much (yeah)

Uh, yeah, never too much (what?), uh, yeah, never too much (what? Yeah)

Uh, yeah, she suckin' my dick (what?), uh, uh, she eat it for lunch (what? Uh)

Uh, yeah, I hit it from the back (what?), uh, yeah, I'm beatin' it up (yeah, slatt)

Uh, yeah, I'm beatin' it up (what?), uh, yeah, I'm beatin' it up (what? Yeah)

I'm in love with them drugs (drugs), uh, yeah, I'm kissin' the cup (what?)

She in love with a thug (what?), yeah, I don't give no fuck (what?)

I won't stress 'bout a bitch (what?), that's not my slut (slatt)

These niggas beefin' over hoes (what? what?), so I keep it up (what?)

Even when I'm at my fuckin' show (bop-bop-bop), I keep one tucked (yeah

spacer.png

exactly 

On 8/28/2023 at 7:35 AM, Ivan Ooze said:

My dad says i have a terrible music taste for liking ae btw 🙃

What does he say about you liking Playboi Carti?

• Haha 1