Tape Loops, Cassette Manipulation, Destruction, Etc.

This scene seems to have evolved & grown a lot this year, constantly seeing new and inventive setups, the old field cassette recorders are in vogue now, artists like AMULETS and Hainbach introduced me to the evolved DIY scene, but more and seemingly younger producers are exploring it. Share whatever you guys are up to, or good links / vidyas if you wish.

https://m.youtube.com/user/amuletsmusic

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeovElJP0n0i8ADaPsRSd8g

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By feltopptak
      Seven symphonies for heartbreaking, melancholy loops..
      The "Music From A Sinking World" album project is in its entirety the recovery of some tape loops (recorded between March and October 2020), erected on orchestral fragments, static interruptions and blurry depths.
    • By Rubin Farr
      https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/cassette-sales-climb-to-their-highest-in-the-uk-in-17-years-the-official-top-40-best-sellers-of-2020-revealed__32058/
    • By feltopptak
      "Anima Loop", was meant to be played in a live concert at Borgo Dei Carbonai (Esterzili) in August 2020.
      Esterzili it's a comune (municipality) in the Province of South Sardinia in the Italian region Sardinia, located about 100 kilometres north of Cagliari.
      The event was supposed to be my first concert in 10 years in my homeland, Sardinia.
      Unfortunately for personal reasons, and due to the restrictions caused by covid-19, the event was canceled.

In early September 2020, I decided to record it live in my studio because "Anima Loop" had something important to me and I wanted to share it with you all.

Each of my concerts is never reproduced the same as the previous one, so "Anima Loop" had to be born and die wit the concert.
      For this reason I decided to cut out the two long Tape Loops used in the Live process in individual pieces and including them as gift inside the CD packaging.

Recorded with: 2 x Reel To Reel (Tape Loops), sequenced synthesizers (Roland SH201 / Moog Sub Phatty), Field recorder + Vestax MR300.

Thanks for listening.
    • By feltopptak
      This is what I see every day from my little window,
      I savor the scents of every season,
      the wind touches my skin while the sky turns pink and orange at sunset.
      The majestic eucalyptus trees are home to thousands of singing birds.
      This is what I see every day.
      It's a beautiful return.

Available for 1 week @ name-your-price