IGNORED

Junkie XL selling off his synth collection

Rubin Farr

wow, I loved watching this guys videos for a while. He has so much cool gear. Kind of surprised he's selling because he always seems to love every piece of gear for slightly different things and tends to use so many layers in his music that the variety seems to fit him. But also, probably more pragmatic to keep it simple. Even if he sold 75% of his stuff his collection would still be insanity

• Like 1

The guy is doing fucktown more money doing hollywood soundtracks.  Average composer gets around a million dollar for a 100 million dollar movie.  He doesn't care about money lol

Edited by Bob Dylan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i don't get anything about this guy. yes, the name is ridiculous. it sounds like some kind of candy bar for like, badasses. i watched this video of him going through his synths and he shows how he did the "deadpool theme" and it's like this extremely lame 4 note riff. sounds like shit lol. and then he's just walking around showing off his synths, which admittedly are cool. but now he's selling them? dude, isn't this guy some kind of multimillionaire? what is the point of selling all this stuff lol. just keep it bro, if you don't feel like using it just like, don't go into that part of your estate or whatever. junkie fuckin xl man. what the hell.

• Haha 3

I didn't know he did the soundtrack to Mad Max Fury Road, that was the only thing about the movie I didn't like.  In fact it was so relentless and bland that it almost spoiled the movie for me in a few places, because I'd keep thinking "this movie is so much better than it has any right to be as a big budget action franchise in the 2010s, why is it saddled with such a shit Hollywood soundtrack?"  I mean, it was bad enough that when I recommended the movie to people I'd say that it was fantastic other than the trailer house style pre-credit sequence and the terrible score, because I was worried those things would turn people off so much that they would shut it off and miss out on a really good movie.