IGNORED

Boss RC-505 question

Taupe Beats

Got a Boss RC-505, it's awesome. However I keep running into a single thing that is driving me insane. Anyone know how to make the thing save the MIDI channel if you change it in settings? It defaults to 1 every time I turn it on (want it at 13). I change it, his write, save it to both the preset and userset. Next time I turn it on, it's back at channel 1.

Is that the only setting it resets after turning off and on again? If it resets all settings every time then it might be that the flash memory battery is dead (if it has one).

If it is just the only setting that resets, and the manual does not have a special trick to save this to the extremely special super global memory thing, then I guess that is it - you can't solve this issue.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thawkins said:

Is that the only setting it resets after turning off and on again? If it resets all settings every time then it might be that the flash memory battery is dead (if it has one).

If it is just the only setting that resets, and the manual does not have a special trick to save this to the extremely special super global memory thing, then I guess that is it - you can't solve this issue.

Yeah flash memory saves everything else. Just the MIDI channel. You're probably right, just a quirk in the device. Sucks 'cause Roland/Boss rarely fix those. 

edit:  Ok, so above, can all be disregarded hahaha. I just turned it on and it was saved now. I am baffled as to what I could have done differently to get it to work this time. Yay user error! 

:cisfor:

Edited by Taupe Beats

3 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

edit:  Ok, so above, can all be disregarded hahaha. I just turned it on and it was saved now. I am baffled as to what I could have done differently to get it to work this time. Yay user error! 

:cisfor:

Common quirk in all devices - the problem goes away once you explain it to another person in detail.

There's probably a huge conspiracy between many major manufacturers to ensure this feature.

• Like 1