IGNORED

Is Hyperpop The Future Of Pop?

hijexx

11 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Which is kind of where my disliek for the latest Arca album comes from. So much personal exposition.

To be fair, I think this particular bit of nonsense (hyperpop) is coming from the genre fetishists....weird group them.

Maybe you have difficulty just listening to arca's album by itself, trying to not be biased by his "image".

I find latest Arca album clearly have bits of brillancy. its not good from beginning to end but tracks like Time, KLK, No quede nada, are musically interesting for my taste at least.

and that comes from a guy who hates everything Arca did since his Stretch series which I praised at the time.

Edited by Ayya Khema

1 hour ago, Ayya Khema said:

Maybe you have difficulty just listening to arca's album by itself, trying to not be biased by his "image".

I find latest Arca album clearly have bits of brillancy. its not good from beginning to end but tracks like Time, KLK, No quede nada, are musically interesting for my taste at least.

and that comes from a guy who hates everything Arca did since his Stretch series which I praised at the time.

With the latest album, image is unfortunately entwined into the music. Which is fair enough but just not my cup of tea. 

6 hours ago, perunamuusi said:

Every artist posted in this thread should go back to 20 years ago and listen  to Lysine by Max Tundra while cutting their wrists in the bath.

I love Max Tundra but I think Super_collider or Geez’n’Gosh (or really any of Uwe Schmidt’s excellent pop material from around that time) are more apt comparisons, no?

2 hours ago, chenGOD said:

I love Max Tundra but I think Super_collider or Geez’n’Gosh (or really any of Uwe Schmidt’s excellent pop material from around that time) are more apt comparisons, no?

no.

These zoomers are busy reinventing the wheel here, keep your oar out grandad.

As for 100gecs, in my day we called that shit fucking bobbins m8 (or brokencyde). A definite example of holding your nose and 'enjoying' the music because you agree with the band's politics, like the shitty political punk of yore.

I always enjoyed this track when this shitty microgenre was actually new

note: released 2014

Edited by hello spiral
  • Like 1

https://teledildonix.bandcamp.com/album/-

this isn't hyperpop but whatever. I still listen to it 2 or so years later. Can't remember which watmmer it was that was involved in this, either way great job

is this hyperpop

what about

https://chatmm.bandcamp.com/album/volume-5-now-thats-what-i-call-chatmm

7 minutes ago, KovalainenFanBoy said:

https://teledildonix.bandcamp.com/album/-

this isn't hyperpop but whatever. I still listen to it 2 or so years later. Can't remember which watmmer it was that was involved in this, either way great job

That's Modey. And yeah, it's great.

• Like 2