IGNORED

Minced Oath - Supervene (Countersunk)

Soloman Tump

Dunk Murphy of Sunken Foal fame has released a new album under the Supervene Minced Oath name.

On first listen, its a very lush chilled / ambient / electronic affair, nice crispy percussion, layers and textures.... hence the album cover of rolling clouds and dawn light.

https://countersunk.bandcamp.com/album/supervene

a2238580732_16.jpg

One for my bandcamp Friday list next week.

OMG favourite track is Prison Issue Pillow, so lush

edit: Project is called Minced Oath! Found previous works by him under this moniker.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Dunk Murphy of Sunken Foal fame has released a new album under the Supervene name.

On first listen, its a very lush chilled / ambient / electronic affair, nice crispy percussion, layers and textures.... hence the album cover of rolling clouds and dawn light.

https://countersunk.bandcamp.com/album/supervene

a2238580732_16.jpg

One for my bandcamp Friday list next week.

OMG favourite track is Prison Issue Pillow, so lush

Sounds good. Where should I start with this guy? People here seem to hold his productions in high regard, but I have yet to get my feet wet.

• Soloman Tump changed the title to Minced Oath - Supervene (Countersunk)
6 hours ago, Extralife said:

Finished first listen - holy wow.  Guess I have my work cut out for me with his back catalogue.

Brilliant isn't it. The album constantly provides cool / wow moments throughout. Definitely sneaking into my AOTY long list 

Haven't listened yet, I remember only listening to the first Minced Oath album once. I'm a big fan of Dunk's work but for me his best are Sunken Foal's Fallen Arches, Friday Syndrome 1-3, and of course the Ambulance album The Curse of Vale Do Lobo. Still, I continue to check out all of his releases and will get to this one soon enough.

12 hours ago, Extralife said:

Finished first listen - holy wow.  Guess I have my work cut out for me with his back catalogue.

Was this regarding the Minced Oath album or Friday Syndrome Vol. 1?

8 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Was this regarding the Minced Oath album or Friday Syndrome Vol. 1?

Minced Oath. I can see that this is different from his usual stuff, but man, I sunk right into this album.

• Like 1