IGNORED

John Tejada - Pothole/Chatter (A13, digital self-release)

dcom

For the first time digitally, I'm releasing my first 2 Lucid Dream singles. Originally released on A13 records back in 1996, both EPs have been remastered from the original DAT w/ bonus track.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

Awesome.  John Tejada has been at the top of the game forever. There is a DJ mix by him from around 2002 that I had on loop for months.  He took the concept of minimal techno and injected groove and dirt.  So good.

12 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Awesome.  John Tejada has been at the top of the game forever. There is a DJ mix by him from around 2002 that I had on loop for months.  He took the concept of minimal techno and injected groove and dirt.  So good.

I wholeheartedly agree, Lucid Dream was my introduction to Tejada, I was following A13 (a brilliant label in and on itself, Repeat's Lilt-A and Repeats album are exquisite) on a buy-on-sight basis and first the EPs came out, then Pure Punk and Little Green Lights And Four Inch Faders and a bit later The Matrix Of Us on deFocus (<3), at that point I was already knee deep into Tejada's own Palette label, too. I think I've got about half of everything he's ever released, but he's been so prolific that I've had to skip some. Through Palette I was introduced to Justin Maxwell's work, he brought glitchy crunchiness to Tejada's smoothness, and his solo work on Palette and Pretension (Pillow Filter FTW) and collaborations with Jean-Paul Bondy as Volsoc are essential electro twisters.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

I also remember a Tejada mix I was listening to a lot, and I was furious that I couldn't find this one track that was on it; then I played it to a friend who instantly pulled the record from his shelf:

...which reminds me that it was originally released on James Holden's Border Community, which in turn reminds me of Holden's The Inheritors, which is an absolute beast of an album - I'd never thought I'd come to like anything by Holden, but I've played that album a hell of a lot.

7 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Dug the mix out - it was later than I thought! 2005.  Blasting it out now.

Ah, FAMILIES, the other mix I picked up from the series was Silicon Scally's.