IGNORED

post your favorite hi hats

Alcofribas

So I see we've had Burning'n'Tree, but I think we gotta appreciate the smoothness of the hats in HND, especially Cooper's World and Beep Street.

That breakdown at like 1:05 of Beep Street with the open hi-hat slowing down to launch in to the full funk is mmmm such a nice touch.

• Like 5

On 12/9/2020 at 5:36 PM, Alcofribas said:

i've also thought quite a bit about these hi hats.  i love how they switch from playing normally to playing in reverse (or whatever it is they're doing to get that sound).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snack master said:

i've also thought quite a bit about these hi hats.  i love how they switch from playing normally to playing in reverse (or whatever it is they're doing to get that sound).

yeah it's very elegant. simple but so effective

On 12/13/2020 at 4:12 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

This thread has been surprisingly rewarding.  The kick and snare have held the drum spotlight for too long.  Toms still need more love.

toms would be tough for me lol

re: Squarepusher hats, if I had to pick one from Burningn'n it would definitely be this one:

I mean damn.

And absolutely this one too:

As for other subforum artists, if we turn our attention to BOC (may they rest in peace), I think the hi hats in this section of this track are especially tasty:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2020 at 5:12 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

This thread has been surprisingly rewarding.  The kick and snare have held the drum spotlight for too long.  Toms still need more love.