IGNORED

Happy Day-for-Night Anniversary

phudoshin

^ yeah we briefly confirmed who we were via avatars, you were like "mine's the smocking pigeon" and I was "oh I'm the simpsons coyote" 

when the show ended it really set in just how cold my wife and I were sans jackets, all a brought was a light hoodie and it was soaked early on from the rain

goddamn what a set - that video recording is fun to revisit 

also anyone else remember patiently waiting through ODESZA? @Lada Laika had headphones on and looked back with this "yeah, this is happening right now" look (akin to this 0:06) at the crowd going nuts over cheesy EDM. that discord channel was a nice distraction when standing around.

• Like 2

Great fest, capped off a truly unforgettable (and possibly unrepeatable) year of shows in 2016 when I got to see Underworld, M83, Grimes, Radiohead, RPM 20 fest (Plaid, Vibert, Seefeel, Funkstorung, Leila), DFN, and the Defunkt afterparties... Probably forgetting some too but overall a crazy year! I also played my first live Sweguno set in 2016 so also adds to the personal significance!

And meeting you all made DFN so much more fun! I had my “Quite Good” tshirt on which prompted @Joyrex (who was carrying a stack of Causitc Window custom CDrs) to ask who I was outta the blue when he saw me! @xxx gave me the biggest, warmest bearhug ever ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 7 months later...

I just got an email about how the DFN post office is turning into a new cultural center! Was a pretty interesting place to be in.  Would kinda love to go check out the new space when Richard plays there in 2023 ?

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/post-grand-opening-tickets-183000037037

Edited by guidewire