Metal lyrics that don't quite hit the mark.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By auxien
      they've got a new one coming out this year. working with an actual drummer this time so we'll see how that changes their sound, new vocalist too, and still no bass player listed, who knows.... always cautious about any band that goes away for 10 years then comes back (especially with a drastically different lineup) but....nonetheless i'm looking forward to this and hopeful.
      they posted a tiny clip to Instagram, not sure how that's gonna embed or link out so whatever
      https://www.instagram.com/p/CKHL1-8J78V/
    • By Entorwellian
      Vocals are one of the more precarious elements that someone can perform in an IDM track. Quite a few artists have ruined their careers just from adding vocals in, even if they are semi-good, and never recovered (Cex, Tycho, some other ones in the EDM community). Hell, Squarepusher was lucky to get out unscathed from doing F-Train on Do You Know Squarepusher. Even as an instrument, over-reliance of vocal elements in an IDM track make it sound disingenuous to the electronic part of the composition even if they're chopped up or whatever, which is why I can't really get into Holly Herndon's stuff either. I'm not tone deaf and I've written lyrics for other people, but I never could integrate them into my own music deliberately. It's something I really want to do, but I have never found a way to integrate them in a way that didn't sound like they were divorced from the track or have to turn them into a part of the harmony to hide their presence. I've shopped around for singers for my material but not one of them that I met could add anything additional my songs in a way that thought was appropriate or synergistic, and that either the singer was competing with the track or the track was competing with the singer.

It's something that I play around with in my mind and occasionally sing with some of my tracks off-the-record, but it feels off to add pop-lyrics into something technically inclined and it also feels off being pedantically obtuse to the point of being pretentious for egotistical reasons. Is it possible?!? I'm more just curious with some of the other producers on here if you've wanted to do vocals on your tracks but couldn't for technical reasons, confidence reasons, or whatever.
    • By qualitycontrol
      Chip -> Grind -> Demoscene -> Metal -> ambient / weird
      https://qualitycontrolalpha.bandcamp.com/album/the-ultimate-disappointment

• By Salvatorin
      i just listened to this in full, what in the actual fuck is this? This is like the background noise of thoughts. It is just the most abstract shyt I've ever heard. 16 minutes in and its basically one guy with a digital digeridoo and another guy with a box drum. what the fuck. actual digital jam band. literally the grateful dead but rave. what the fuck