IGNORED

Burial - Chemz

fumi

Always down for new Burial. He's definitely divisive around these parts but I appreciate him. Seems almost impossible to live up to his Untrue days but it's hard to judge when he hasn't had a formal LP.

Not complaining, I do love these December releases and I've come to associate his tunes with the xmas season. Excited to hear this. Rough Sleeper is his best track and I'll die on that hill every day of the week.

• Like 2

Yes!!..very much enjoyed on 1st listen.. wtf on wait for 2nd track though!? But like someone says above maybe its not even finished yet! And oh well at least confirmed new burial track for 2021

Do get the impression he likes just prick teasing & drip feeding odd bits and bobs, wonder if he is really is done with the album format 

Edited by kirm

It's ok. Nice energy and flow. I like the fist pumping synths between 5 and 6 mins. Sound like early rave era or something. Kinda annoying vocals. I wish mr Bevan could have the guts to make a four track pure rave ep instead of the usual bits and pieces with crackle in between. Not going to do the same old mistake and put on his early works right after this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xox said:

can't he just make an LP? 

Somewhere i get that he seems too have an aversion to releasing albums. Untrue was hyped up so incredibly much it had almost reached God like status to some. By releasing an album he would have to live up to so many unrealistic and through the roof expectations that it would certainly dissapoint a lot of people even if the album was great. By releasing singles and comps he can still put out great tunes every now and then and the bar is less unreachably high. No one expects God like tracks from singles so there is less pressure for him go put out something that blows out everyones brains. Just be glad he's still active.

It just sounds like he doesn't have enough ideas to fill up an album. Sadly for Burial he's created such an iconic sound for himself that if he attempted to do anything different he would immediately be shit on by his fans.

• Like 1

well, i were him, i'd either release an album with the same but updated shit and test the audience with radically different music released as singles //or vice versa 

imo this is the worst! very lethargic! you have the crowd that loves your music but you're so shit up with the possibility of losing few of them so you'd rather play hide&seek with them.  

I guess he has lost most of his early fans already. I believe rateyourmusic reviews/ratings could give a hint on popularity/hype. The most popular EP, Kindered had 84 reviews, and almost 7000 ratings. Last years Claustro have 4 reviews and 1100 ratings. I would guess that a new album would build some hype/pressure and a sort of comeback vibe. Untrue was a good album, but the bar isn't really that high. Think about Syro, or everytime BOC returns.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scumtron said:

I guess he has lost most of his early fans already. I believe rateyourmusic reviews/ratings could give a hint on popularity/hype. The most popular EP, Kindered had 84 reviews, and almost 7000 ratings. Last years Claustro have 4 reviews and 1100 ratings.

Maybe it's because of rateyourmusic's crash in popularity. Burial still has 700/800.000+ listeners per month in spotify

• Like 1