IGNORED

Not hating but ............

TheBro

Do you ever feel that girls get more attention when they make music than us guys? I'm not hating but I just feel its unfair and kinda shallow. My view is if you're talented you deserve the proper attention / respect and if you're not then I guess you don't. What do you lot of think? I just got cheesed off because a girl put up a track on Facebook page that I'm part of and it garnered tonnes of attention / listens where as when I put something up about an hour later no one listened to it. Seems kinda unfair. Anyways that's just my 2 cents.

Hope you all have a great new year.

Blessings from The Bro.

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 3

In the grand scheme of things, women have had a much more challenging time establishing themselves as creatives in the music industry (let alone just about every other industry).

also...

Your name is "TheBro".

Just sayin.

*edit* 

Happy New Year! ?

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 2

8 minutes ago, TheBro said:

Do you ever feel that girls get more attention when they make music than us guys? I'm not hating but I just feel its unfair and kinda shallow. My view is if you're talented you deserve the proper attention / respect and if you're not then I guess you don't. What do you lot of think? I just got cheesed off because a girl put up a track on Facebook page that I'm part of and it garnered tonnes of attention / listens where as when I put something up about an hour later no one listened to it. Seems kinda unfair. Anyways that's just my 2 cents.

Hope you all have a great new year.

Blessings from The Bro.

Make a dupe as ur hot wife imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, hello spiral said:

Make a dupe as ur hot wife imo

Ha ha lol. ?

4 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

In the grand scheme of things, women have had a much more challenging time establishing themselves as creatives in the music industry (let alone just about every other industry).

also...

Your name is "TheBro".

Just sayin.

*edit* 

Happy New Year! ?

Yeah my name is The Bro because that's what my sisters called me all the time so I adopted it lol. Its definitely not an macho thing or me being ironic lol. Makes me think maybe I should be ironic about it though mm.

• Burger 1

"us guys" is the first issue of the OP, but certainly not the last. Do you really want this place to be nothing but men?

The irony is how closely this aligns to 3rd wave feminist principles of women being potentially put on a pedestal by a patriarchal system, but not for the work they do, but rather for base sexual desires.

The way to fix this is to get an environment where there aren't gendered imbalances to begin with. There's a whole lot to be done on that front.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

There is definitely a trend of female DJ's being in demand and this is a GOOD thing.  Most of them are deserve the attention and plaudits that they receive - but there are definitely a few showboaters who are just in it for the fame / instagram likes / sponsors.  The same can be said for the male DJ world though. 

I guess what I am trying to say is: I'm all about equality.  If you are good at the job, then there should be no reason why you cannot succeed at it.

Edit:

Also, lol at "us guys" in the opening sentence, confirming that watmm is a male dominated landscape. Which is sad really, it would be great to see more diversity on this board from all persuasions.

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

"us guys" is the first issue of the OP, but certainly not the last. Do you really want this place to be nothing but men?

The irony is how closely this aligns to 3rd wave feminist principles of women being potentially put on a pedestal by a patriarchal system, but not for the work they do, but rather for base sexual desires.

The way to fix this is to get an environment where there aren't gendered imbalances to begin with. There's a whole lot to be done on that front.

Yeah I hear what you saying. I guess my point is that it was mainly guys commenting on her music lol and to be fair it wasn't too bad but the point is the bias is noticeable and I just feel its shallow. I'd rather the playing field be level for everyone but I guess that's just not reality.  

Edited by TheBro

5 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

There is definitely a trend of female DJ's being in demand and this is a GOOD thing.  Most of them are deserve the attention and plaudits that they receive - but there are definitely a few showboaters who are just in it for the fame / instagram likes / sponsors.  The same can be said for the male DJ world though. 

I guess what I am trying to say is: I'm all about equality.  If you are good at the job, then there should be no reason why you cannot succeed at it.

100% agree with this. Anyways I think I'll hold my tongue because it may appear I'm being sexist which I'm not. I just want there to be a level playing field for all. ?

Edited by TheBro

8 minutes ago, TheBro said:

Yeah I hear what you saying. I guess my point is that it was mainly guys commenting on her music lol and to be fair it wasn't too bad but the point is the bias is noticeable and I just feel its shallow. I'd rather the playing field be level for everyone but I guess that's just not reality.  

Always good to look at how the playing field has never really been level for women though. Imbalanced attention in a relatively niche social/artistic world isn't indicative of society at large.

I stand by the notion that the point of entry for many interests in this world are guarded so closely by inherently misogynist (and culturally limited) institutions/systems/processes. It's making the output of these things to show a more realistic vision of how this world shapes out culturally, instead of trends that are developed/nurtured by strong financial backing. YA literature is probably the best current example of those barriers being broken.

It's not fair and you're right in noticing and your nickname is cool, yet we should be more specific in such cases as feministic/left-liberal view of the world is dominating the minds, so no generalized common sense discussion is possible as it's immediately viewed as macho/sexist etc. Just a matter of opinion fashion.

So, your example is chick got way more attention to her social media post than you would with the same sort of material. And i guess it has little to do with music in this case and more with attention allocation in social media -- yeah, chicks get way more attention when they're young for biological factors. Say there's approx the same amount of women and men, and, broadly speaking, men age 14-70 will be on a lookout for women age 12-35 approx for baby manufacturing appeal, the higher the age distance the less intersection but you get the math. And this sort of lookout is way more deep than looking out for a cool track from fellow peniser.

Where i suggest you to find fairness is you will get the same treatment throughout your life and chicks have more narrow window of getting attention. When she's like 50, it's unlikely she will have this kind of advantage over you. Be safe!

• Like 1

Lol OP! Like art ever matters lol ?Majority of consumers/members of electronic music related Facebook groups and forums are men so when a woman makes a track hormones do the rest.

Anyway... only sex and politics matters! Not art! Connect  your art with them and you’ll be a successful artist! Unless you’re a genius. Then there’s a hope (very slim still) for your art to be free of nonsense and stupidity AND to be recognize as valid.  Being attractive looking (man or woman), young, native English speaker, member of any minority group, dressed trendy, politically extremely left... those things helps bc they are connected to either sex or politics (or clothing/drinks/gear sales, which are again connected to politics).

Edited by xox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

As if watmm wasn't enough of a sausage party already :facepalm:

Dude I think you're getting my point twisted. ? Maybe I'm the exception but my point is music should be about talent / art and not how you look. I welcome women here of course 100% and I think women get my point too. 

40 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

It's not fair and you're right in noticing and your nickname is cool, yet we should be more specific in such cases as feministic/left-liberal view of the world is dominating the minds, so no generalized common sense discussion is possible as it's immediately viewed as macho/sexist etc. Just a matter of opinion fashion.

So, your example is chick got way more attention to her social media post than you would with the same sort of material. And i guess it has little to do with music in this case and more with attention allocation in social media -- yeah, chicks get way more attention when they're young for biological factors. Say there's approx the same amount of women and men, and, broadly speaking, men age 14-70 will be on a lookout for women age 12-35 approx for baby manufacturing appeal, the higher the age distance the less intersection but you get the math. And this sort of lookout is way more deep than looking out for a cool track from fellow peniser.

Where i suggest you to find fairness is you will get the same treatment throughout your life and chicks have more narrow window of getting attention. When she's like 50, it's unlikely she will have this kind of advantage over you. Be safe!

to suggest that young women receive attention precisely for their relevance to men as sex objects ("biological reasons") is not a verboten topic among liberals lmao

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

to suggest that young women receive attention precisely for their relevance to men as sex objects ("biological reasons") is not a verboten topic among liberals lmao

Aaaay dunno...

I mean... Hello! What year is this?!
Men should stop being attracted to women in 21 century!!! Especially young white heterosexual privileged female women! ?