IGNORED

Not hating but ............

TheBro

1 minute ago, Taupe Beats said:

Point taken but one of the most beautiful things in art is a stranger finding something new they connect with!

oh yah, for sure. which is why i post my stuff online at all. i've definitely had some fun moments like that over the years, like complete strangers making music videos with my tracks or mailing me art they had drawn while listening to one of my albums. That stuff is very touching, but it came unexpectedly. I guess what I'm getting at is that i feel like actively trying to build hype is more trouble than its worth these days. you can pour hours & hours into trying to game the system, and the real magic moments of connection will still come completely at random from unexpected sources. like trying to have lots of one night stands vs fallin in love

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

Helena Hauff has become my favorite DJ and also because of her looks and also because of her enthusiasm and energy

ftfy

I admit, I have a special attention reserved for women in music field, more so specifically in underground parts, I guess, because of their dont-give-a-fuck attitude, apart from talent. It's not always the men that impose certain expectations upon women and their choice of career/hobbies, it's also (other) women themselves. They need to break out from men's perception of womanhood, but also women's. And women can sometimes be even more visceral towards other women in this regard. It's kind of a "double break-out". Self-initiative, music taste and skill, enthusiasm, .... I mean, what's not to admire and respect here?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

I mean I would like her sets even if she was ugly, but yeah, her enthusiasm is real and infectious.

I know you meant that and I agree. But she's also good looking. oh did I say that aleady? ?

• Farnsworth 1

Also Lady Starlight - as long as we're going there, she's not really my type romantically, but I adore her as much because she just really gets into it as because she makes nice techno.

And I would rather listen to her talk about gear than any YouTube synth influencer (get the fuck off my algorithm, Bo Beats)

Same with JakoJako... who happens to be hot, but let's not bury the lede

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

i found a "fuck patriarchy" t-shirt sitting on the the free stuff shelf in my apartment complex today so i feel like i am officially in the clear now

i think that's been updated to "hex the patriarchy". 

edit: i don't have the energy for this discussion but here's 2cents worth regarding the op. 

i find it hard to believe that anyone who makes music/art and shares it on line and social media isn't savy enough to understand what is or isn't happening when attractive persons get lot's of likes/comments because of their appearance or having certain body parts vs not having certain body parts. 

it's either really naive or totally disingenuous especially for an adult who's been around and spent lot's of time on line. 

vbKhJw5.jpg

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, yekker said:

there is only one solution

Hide contents

become a woman ???

not being a woman is holding back so many men from getting more internet comments. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, auxien said:

post unlabeled mp3s of your thing and of hers and we'll blindly decide which is better

His THING!? Oh that thing.. yeah do that,.

But if you have her THING that might help me, thanks k bye.

5 hours ago, Braintree said:

Women are just as capable of being talented producers as men are, but they often don't have the extra forces (encouragement or the lack thereof) that would give them an equal playing field right at the start. Women have historically be underrepresented in the arts, music especially.

Yep.

I will absolutely be more likely to like, comment etc on a track made by a woman (or non-binary person, or other under-represented person), simply because of that. We need more diversity in electronic music and under-represented people need to be encouraged as much as possible. If other women see that women posting their music is getting some positive attention instead of gatekeeping dicks telling them they're not using their gear properly or whatever, that'll allow the diversity to grow, at least somewhat. And that positive vibe cascades down to the younger generations as well, where if younger girls are seeing women making sick electronic music, they're more likely to want to do that themselves.. at least that's my somewhat optimistic view.

5 hours ago, TheBro said:

Braintree with respect man I don't see there being anything getting in women's way of making good art. Least from my viewpoint there isn't. The only thing that makes a whole fiasco of it is when men start acting like they do for it undermines what women are trying achieve. Anyways that's how I see. 

lol, this is hilarious

"I'm a man and I see no barriers to women making good art, just join in!"

EARLIER THAT DAY...

"This woman joined in and got positive comments, wtf why?!"

Edited by modey
TheBro
  • Like 11

Actually that reminds me that one time I posted a video online and my nails just happened to be painted silver. One of the comments was "omg it a girl <3". Then when I clarified that no, I'm not a girl, he replied with "u break my hart" or something stupid like that.

Edited by modey
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1