IGNORED

WELCOME 2021

Soloman Tump

I'm still drunk. Last clear memories are my friends dropping by suddenly with a bottle of whisky and Rick James and Trans-X playing at full volume. I've sent some messages about Bronski Beat to the group chat with my former co-workers. Based on the sounds my neighbors' party is still going on.

It's more normal new year's day than I would have expected.

28 minutes ago, ignatius said:

this is taking a weird turn. i regret my joke attempt. 2021 is going to be terrible. 

My first joke of 2021 was "no champaign?  No chamgain" as my friend poured me a glass.  It did get a laugh, so that much is promising.  2020 started with me spilling a beer all over myself during a live performance where my band got cut off to accommodate the countdown.  i took that to be a metaphor for what 2020 would become, and metaphor delivered.  I now anticipate 2021 to be a bad joke that goes off surprisingly well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

16 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

I stayed in not drinking with my pregnant wife and watched alicia keys murder coldplay songs on bbc1. HNY

Been there dude. Enjoy your last few months baby free though.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

I stayed in not drinking with my pregnant wife and watched alicia keys murder coldplay songs on bbc1. HNY

Fuck me I thought mine was bad

I wanted to go out wandering in the dark, get blunted and listen to DOOM albums. But I broke my foot like a day ago and I'd been drinking all day and I knew I wasn't up to it. 

I had a short 'lay down' at around 11pm. And then I woke up at 2am.

• Like 1

drinkin americanos

reading an evolutionary biology textbook

figuring out how to translate americano fuel & evolutionary biology theories to making electronic music

2021 is the strongest year we're had so far

• Like 1

NY 2020 I spent debating with a marxist economist with a phd and his revolutionary girlfriend and getting drunk on gin
the year turned fruitless

NY2021 was with my mother and my sister
so this year we go back to the essentials

So far I haven't slept since 2020, barely staying awake rn. Trying to stay up until sunrise.

Finally completed Cyberpunk 2077 right around zero hour. It might be a few months before I touch it again. We'll see.

Whipped up some cold soba noodles at about 1 AM, dipped in tsuyu and washed down with green tea.

And I just now found out about MF Doom's passing. Fuuuck.

2 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

And I just now found out about MF Doom's passing.

Yeah me too. Apparently he died in like October. WTF!?

Also NYE was full of good food. 

254D878B-FE51-48CD-8E7D-7AC3E28A6325.jpeg

• Like 5

Just now, chenGOD said:

Yeah me too. Apparently he died in like October. WTF!?

Yep, on Halloween. I guess his surviving fam intended to keep it a secret for two months.

• Sad 1

My gf and I stayed home of course, alone, of course... corona safe and sad distancing. We watched stupid movies on the telly, ate 16 tons of food but we couldn’t drink a single bottle of finest wine I could buy that day (which we managed to finish today), not even combined together... I’m getting old i guess. But we stayed awake till 6am.

So, it’s 2021 but it still kind of sucks ?

40 minutes ago, sisforawesome said:

this is making 2021 already better for starters, damn good ... get on it watmm!

is this bitmeddler shitmix 2021?

edit: for a minute there i was hearing those DSP pitch stop glitch pop weirdness. no idea what track it was. 

Edited by ignatius

On 1/1/2021 at 1:40 PM, Amen Warrior said:

God it was awful. She also slayed that Whitney Houston song too.

• Haha 1

I had a few beers in the park with a friend on the afternoon of NYE but then just watched streams after the sun went down. Got drunk on champagne, gin, and whiskey. Smoked some weed and fell asleep watching Arrested Development.

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

Ok, to a slightly more ethical bank

Virgin money offering 15 bottles of wine for switching to them atm. Worth mugging off branson for a case of wine before you switch to an ethical bank?? I vote yea

On 1/2/2021 at 4:25 PM, Soloman Tump said:

God it was awful. She also slayed that Whitney Houston song too.

Yeah she was fucking shit wasn't she?! I already wasn't a fan (as only Techno Interests Me) but I thought she was meant to be at least alright if you're into yr pop tunez