IGNORED

WELCOME 2021

Soloman Tump

It seems that some pretty established patterns in regards of family and friends that had been set for the last 15-20 years were permanently disrupted last year. The '20s are probably going to be a very different decade in comparison to the last two ones.

As for the year 2020 in the end it was just mostly endless boredom at home alone and a vague feeling of uncertainty and anxiety. On a personal level it would probably not even make the worst 5 years of my life list. It was mostly just tedious as fuck in the end. The 2021 on the other hand has a lot of potential to get batshit crazy the way things are shaping up in my life.

10 minutes ago, zkom said:

It seems that some pretty established patterns in regards of family and friends that had been set for the last 15-20 years were permanently disrupted last year. The '20s are probably going to be a very different decade in comparison to the last two ones.

i mean i'm honestly pretty jazzed up about that. the 2010s were godawful for social relations (at least in the west, dunno about other cultures). like picture a graph where the X Axis is level of autism, the Y Axis is level of Sociopathy, and you can basically plot all of the social roles for millenials onto that somewhere. You've got "dating coach who offers a quanitative approach to romance based on maximizing number of weekly hours spent on tinder or in clubs", "liberal arts chick who advocates extreme bureaucratization of all areas of life as a means of overcoming unfortunate historical tendencies", "young man increasingly nervous after seventh jordan peterson lecture this week fails to address his worsening erectile disfunction", "sex-starved deathcult who worships a hyperstitional chaos god modelled after a frog character in an old webcomic", "guy who sees himself as adjacent to Elon Musk & Jeff Bezos because he drives uber on his weekends & spends several hours a night trying to figure out how to set up a dropshipping website for living room furniture", "165 IQ ubermensch who rejects society to go live in a cabin in rural Montana & find better ways to speedrun Super Mario 64 using only 0.5 A presses". Etc. Shitposting was the only truly honest form of social relation in the 2010s

Personally I'm highly optimistic for whatever comes next because whether it's better or worse, it's not going to be terribly difficult for culture to get more interesting

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1