IGNORED

Cult48 - 1.1 (self-released)

dcom

• 4 months later...
On 6/12/2021 at 5:10 AM, chronical said:

Hope they didn't steal music for their promo mixes again.

I also hope that they didn't steal music for their official releases again.

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Fade Rhombus said:

No music was stolen. Agreements were made, and you know this. 

"Agreements" were made after Cult48 released and sold several tracks without the artist's knowledge on their compilation. He would not have wanted to have them on there and you know this. It is seriously alarming to never have seen anyone own up to the fault, the situation was expressed to me as "choosing tracks out of a hat" which is not respectful towards my friend and the work he puts into his music.

Edited by chronical

20 minutes ago, chronical said:

"Agreements" were made after Cult48 released and sold several tracks without the artist's knowledge on their compilation. He would not have wanted to have them on there and you know this. It is seriously alarming to never have seen anyone own up to the fault, the situation was expressed to me as "choosing tracks out of a hat" which is not respectful towards my friend and the work he puts into his music.

Genuine mistakes were made. They were corrected a long time ago. Lessons learned. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 9:13 PM, Electrobleep said:

Why I believe it plausible that Cult48 is Boards of Canada. Just for fun !!
(sorry for my english, I'm using google translate)

We have the link between numbers and religion / sect / cult.
The type of sounds and constructions (rhythm, sound effects, etc.)
In interviews, BOC have already claimed to have several tracks worked.
Several similarities between BOC and Cult48 videos
On an image from their facebook page, Cult48 have two records (coming soon) called DAT extractions 91/96 and DAT extractions 97/01. So that suggests that Cult48 has been around for a long time. In addition, BOC recorded on tapes.
The use of numbers written in letters: Cult forty eight and BOC: Seven forty seven / sixtyten
In a discussion forum (Twoism), a user (Phade Rhombus) of Cul48, if he is one, talks about Cult48 while mentioning WE, so it's at least a duo.
Phade Rhombus: Triangles and Rhombuses - Music Has the Right To Children.

hmm, doubtful

really like cult 48. wonder wth is going on here!

Edited by watmmisdead

• 9 months later...

Update on Cult48

1. Cult48 were anonymous, as you no doubt already know, and it was 3 people. Myself and 2 others. 1 of those people wasn't a musician and didn't even contribute a hi-hat. They did the artwork. The other member mostly made the videos, and contributed a few 1 minute skeletal sketches, which I then turned into 6 minute long, finished and mastered tracks. Out of principle, I won't reveal either of their names.

2. Cult48 is now 1 person. Me. As I was making 80-90% of the music, I ditched the cloak of anonymity and said that "Cult48 is Carbinax in stealth mode" .
Along with eyesight concerns, I had other existential things going on which also contributed to me making this decision, because I realized life is short. My dad was an artist / sculptor and I remember how obsessive he was about his work...........just like me. He got alzheimers and died. I couldn't visit him in the midst of a full-blown covid pandemic lockdown. I decided I didn't want to be anonymous, and un-remembered for my work. A good friend, DJ Steve Brown, much loved and respected by many many people in the electronic community, also died suddenly. This was also a shock, and hit me pretty hard. These things combined, were instrumental in me making the decision to reveal my identity within Cult48, at a time when it was thought we actually were Boards of Canada.

3.The other 2 members didn't see this as I did, and saw red, and childishly deleted, amongst other things, the bandcamp page, with all the releases on it which the fans paid money for. We had a shared login which I trusted them with. Deeply disappointing, for the fans, and for myself, and a cautionary tale for anyone reading this, to be careful who you trust.

4. They under-estimated my resolve and tenacity, and I determined that Cult48 would not be buried under the rubble, and released "From The Ashes".......containing only the tracks that were made 100% independently of the other 2 members, which was almost all of them. I did this for the fans, as it replaced most of what was deleted ( and an extra couple of new tracks ) , and anyone who provided proof of their original purchases, got a free copy. 

5. The other 2 members are doing other things. I wish them well. Nothing is gained by me holding grudges, but these, are simply the facts that I'm laying out for those who want to create their own version of events.

Thanks for reading, and welcome to phase 2 of Cult48.

Here, is From The Ashes  on the New Cult48 bandcamp page

You'll also find the next release" Intricate Cyphers

The new Cult48 album is well underway and should be released in the next few months.

Follow Cult48 on the bandcamp page to keep updated.

Edited by Fade Rhombus