IGNORED

Autechre and Electro

I searched but did not see a thread for this. I wanted to get some music recommendations for old school electro songs that might have influenced Autechre and also any good stuff from this genre that is worth checking out. I got into Mantronix and Man Parrish after hearing about them from Autechre interviews but I'm not sure who else to check out definitely looking for things with 808 beats and electro from the 80s, any recommendations?

11 minutes ago, bupkis said:

I searched but did not see a thread for this. I wanted to get some music recommendations for old school electro songs that might have influenced Autechre and also any good stuff from this genre that is worth checking out. I got into Mantronix and Man Parrish after hearing about them from Autechre interviews but I'm not sure who else to check out definitely looking for things with 808 beats and electro from the 80s, any recommendations?

I think this will get you started.

2 hours ago, dcom said:

I think this will get you started.

Only 43 hours damn I need more to get started ?

2 hours ago, psn said:

Thank you sounds great!

1 hour ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Wasn't the dekmantel podcast like a 4 hour electro mix? Probably a good place to start I reckon.

Yes this is exactly what I am looking for thank you!

On 1/3/2021 at 3:39 PM, Amen Lare said:

Easy answer already provided, we did a timestamped tracklist too (well, i did thanks to electro producer Bass Junkie providing most of the names), it's all there

https://www.mixesdb.com/w/2015-09-14_-_Autechre_-_Dekmantel_Podcast_035

Appreciate this, as well as the other tagged mixes. I've been itching to dive into this electro b boy stuff for a while!

On 1/3/2021 at 12:38 PM, Boxus said:

I love this track

I have to thank you for highlighting this. I have been listening to the album this is from Lost in Space. Fucking amazing! I cannot believe music like this was being made so long ago. Also the video is quite touching.