IGNORED

Gescom - AMKS_1

hello spiral

4 hours ago, Ninjatron said:

ok listen in at ~16:10

now listen to 7th slip ?

yall hearin this?? was always a fan of how much it sounded like they scratching over 7th slip

Yes, definitely. Heard that too. There's also a sample starting at 6:07 that they used in 'A1' from Gescom's 'A1-D1'.

5 hours ago, Ninjatron said:

ok listen in at ~16:10

now listen to 7th slip ?

yall hearin this?? was always a fan of how much it sounded like they scratching over 7th slip

Yeah, I instantly thought about 7th slip as well when I heard that. Those vocals really sounds it's taken from AON's Beat Box, no? 

Now I'm really curious if it's actually the case that they used this sample in 7th slip as well!

We all know that they love this track very much anyway : D

Edited by naawRaybarn
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, t yst r said:

Yes, definitely. Heard that too. There's also a sample starting at 6:07 that they used in 'A1' from Gescom's 'A1-D1'.

well, isn't it basically just a mashed up mixtape (although a highly sophisticated one, as such)? So it's all basically samples, no?

1 hour ago, naawRaybarn said:

well, isn't it basically just a mashed up mixtape (although a highly sophisticated one, as such)? So it's all basically samples, no?

It is, but there are the ones we recognize :music:

12 hours ago, colunga said:

This is an amazing mix!

Hide contents

is it tru that karl pilkington is a member of gescom?

MV5BMzNmZjE4YjEtZjI4MS00MzQyLWJkNWQtYjQ3

Dunno who this guy is but he looks like a brother of Autechre to me

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 1:18 PM, nikisoko said:

frankly, all that scratching was making me itch. it was not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good.

Goddamn that DJ made my day.  Is that a turntable? Well get on it, it's your turn.  D'ya like scratchin'?? Yeah, watizIT(?)  This disc jockey is FRESHHH.

I do quite enjoy this longform tangent from A1-D1 from the 'Scom

• Like 2

Karl Pilkington is very un-Autechrean....BUT! When Sean requested the video from Electric Café / Techno Pop played on EmptyV, I did get some Pilkington-esque vibes in that one fleeting moment.

30 minutes ago, mFing said:

Karl Pilkington is very un-Autechrean....BUT! When Sean requested the video from Electric Café / Techno Pop played on EmptyV, I did get some Pilkington-esque vibes in that one fleeting moment.

who is he and why is he relevant?

54 minutes ago, Grain Bastard said:

A friend or comedian friend of Ricky Gervais.

Had a few TV series about moaning so not sure if he is relevant or not.

Ok, not relevant

?

Btw...fak i miss gescom! 

- Will Squarepusher ever release another Gescom?

Edited by xox

I always feel like Andy Maddocks is the "leader" of Gescom and pushing it B-boystyle with skratching and beats. 
Autechre jumps in and edit stuff for the fun, Russell Haswell for heavy noise duties and Rob Hall for long and proper mixes.

Bola not so active but made his reverb-magic tracks back in the days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, niversal said:

WATMM have a dedicated thread on this in live & tours subforum (don't know why there in particular): https://forum.watmm.com/topic/99828-amks-live

If it has nothing to do with Gescom, it's better to consodilate links there not here

39 minutes ago, cern said:

I always feel like Andy Maddocks is the "leader" of Gescom and pushing it B-boystyle with skratching and beats. 
Autechre jumps in and edit stuff for the fun, Russell Haswell for heavy noise duties and Rob Hall for long and proper mixes.

Bola not so active but made his reverb-magic tracks back in the days. 

I feel like Gescom is only Ae and all the other guys are mainly in the past.

Edited by Amen Lare
  • Like 1