A) The label asked for the thread to be deleted

and

B) watmm mods actually complied

@omniiI believe it was your thread

Edited by hello spiral
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Yeah, noticed that when I wanted to look up the WITHHOLD series that someone recommended/mentioned there. Seemed unnecessarily authoritarian/docile/whatever.

7 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/100479-analogical-force-unseen-series-i/

got deleted yesterday apparently

Is there no dissenting opinion allowed here? Pretty weak move if 

A) The label asked for the thread to be deleted

and

B) watmm mods actually complied

@omniiI believe it was your thread

That is very weak if true. I’d guess the official reason might be that there was misinfo about an AF/Futher Electronix collab?

The habit of deleting threads here without comments or leaving any traces is just fucked here. A higher form of censorship that just doesn't try to stop the discussion but is more akin to wiping out something from history and memory completely. Just lock the thread and if there are some very offensive posts then delete them, not the whole fucking thread.

• Like 5
  • Burger 1

6 minutes ago, zkom said:

The habit of deleting threads here without comments or leaving any traces is just fucked here. A higher form of censorship that just doesn't try to stop the discussion but is more akin to wiping out something from history and memory completely. Just lock the thread and if there are some very offensive posts then delete them, not the whole fucking thread.

This.

42 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Problem is that the thread starter can delete the thread. There should be a function that this gets disabled after a certain amount of posts or after a certain time.

omnii didn't delete it

It's one thing to delete threads with potentially libelous content e.g. the Cult48 one with unsubstantiated claims of musical theft and insinuations towards a label nothing to do with the issue - but these arbitrary vanishings of topics are really not how I think things should be handled. Unless the thread itself is objectionable, the removal of offensive/libelous/uncouth comments should be made one-by-one and an administrative note left where the comment was. If a complete thread needs to be administratively culled, it should be replaced with a note explaining why and the thread made read-only. Full disclosure - I've deleted some of my own comments because I was simply kvetching and didn't have anything constructive to say, but that's a rare thing for me. I think summary deletion of threads is bad form, because there's no administrative accountability and people active in the threads are left hanging, possibly questioning whether their comment was the reason for the deletion. The deletion notices - of course - shouldn't name anyone or explicitly declare the reason, public shaming by admin is as bad as writing something that ends up deleted. An administrative thread with thread subjects and deletion notices would also suffice.

We're adults here, right?

Edited by dcom
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Late at night I sometimes still wonder what happened to the Ukraine thread. The last post I made was about FSB agents lurking in WATMM and then when I checked back the whole thread had disappeared. Lol

giphy.gif

• Haha 2