IGNORED

Where'd this thread go?

hello spiral

I had forgotten just how blatant they were with RTR.
It's possible the label chose the track names for the project, that happened with Cult 48. Artists submitted music but the label ended up naming them on the final release. That's why the track names are so cheesy and 'on the nose' such as "Peyote" and "Salvia Divinorum".

• Like 1

someone more dedicated to shitposting than myself should take the beat to that basement jaxx song, add a bunch of "lush" DX7 pads, sing "where's - yourrrr - threadddd - attt, whereyourthreadat" overit, run it thru tape & quadraverb etc.

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

4 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

this was a marketing ploy by AF to promote the UNSEEN series. think about it.

To delete the thread to keep people talking about it because nobody would pay any attention based on the merit of the music itself?

Damnit, you may be on to something here.

3 minutes ago, omnii said:

To delete the thread to keep people talking about it because nobody would pay any attention based on the merit of the music itself?

That's definitely not what I'm talking about because there is nothing to talk about.

Edited by dcom

3 minutes ago, omnii said:

Damnit, you may be on to something here.

and to really drive home the "unseen" dimension. you literally can't see the thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

For real tho this is why at some point in the last decade i basically stopped treating watmm as a place for srs music discussion. i mean there are plenty of really cool people here with interesting tastes but there are also plenty who'll either shit on things for sounding too much like AFX or completely ignore things for not sounding enough like AFX, and in general will try to fit any & all music (especially if it comes from EKT) into some unhealthy AFX connection matrix

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Re Cult 48

Bleep are selling it with the press release quote "for fans of BOC" so i'm guessing any hint of plagiarism/ ghosting is right out of the window  as far as they are concerned if they can shift a few records

https://bleep.com/release/210472-cult-48-catalog-1-

thanks I hate it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

For real tho this is why at some point in the last decade i basically stopped treating watmm as a place for srs music discussion. i mean there are plenty of really cool people here with interesting tastes but there are also plenty who'll either shit on things for sounding too much like AFX or completely ignore things for not sounding enough like AFX, and in general will try to fit any & all music (especially if it comes from EKT) into some unhealthy AFX connection matrix

IMO it's the Autechre subforum where the good shit's at

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, dcom said:

I FAILed at nothing: ex nihilo nihil fit.

OK.

1 minute ago, dcom said:

But seriously, I'd prefer for the admin(s) to weigh in on the thread deletion issue.

You want them to weigh in on how "there is nothing to talk about"?

6 minutes ago, omnii said:

You want them to weigh in on how "there is nothing to talk about"?

That was in reference to the UNSEEN release; to make it more explicit, I meant that it's so vapid and inconsequential that it warrants no discussion; then I FAILed at not discussing it, because I discussed it. See this sentence is false. I also FAILed at being humorous, it seems.

Edited by dcom

5 minutes ago, dcom said:

That was in reference to the UNSEEN release; to make it more explicit, I meant that it's so vapid and inconsequential that it warrants no discussion; then I FAILed at not discussing it, because I discussed it. See this sentence is false.

Haha oh, sorry, i TOTALLY misunderstood what you were getting at.

7 minutes ago, zkom said:

IMO it's the Autechre subforum where the good shit's at

this might get me banned from watmm but i started listening to idm 12 years ago & still haven't gotten around to listening to an autechre album

Spoiler

except for one time when i was pretty stoned & someone was DJing their trax, but with Mario Paint Music Maker compositions layered over top

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 5

3 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

this might get me banned from watmm but i started listening to idm 12 years ago & still haven't gotten around to listening to an autechre album

Hide contents

except for one time when i was pretty stoned & someone was DJing their trax, but with Mario Paint Music Maker compositions layered over top

I think the best way to start is to play All End on repeat for 24 hours.

4 hours ago, auxien said:

no?

then which bitchass mod did?

It wasn't reported by anyone and I don't think any mods were in it. I just went and reviewed the thread, weird that it got hidden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, manmower said:

read the rules

I'm not new here :emotawesomepm9:

5 minutes ago, manmower said:

brain wants enema

Ok, so who wanted that thread to be deleted and why?

Deleting threads makes me want to shit on desperate AFX wannabies even more in their threads...

33 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

It wasn't reported by anyone and I don't think any mods were in it. I just went and reviewed the thread, weird that it got hidden.

so it was papa

:datboi: