SOPHIE - BIPP (Autechre Mx)

RIP

In the remix blurb on they mention "These 3 minutes & 33 seconds of SOPHIE remixed by Autechre have had a long winding path to fruition. A recording of Autechre live, at a Numbers event in Glasgow back in 2005, first inspired SOPHIE to source the equipment used to craft new music including BIPP, LEMONADE & more."

And Interestingly enough in Rhianna tweet about Sophie's passing she posted a picture of Sophie showing her something on one of the Elektron machines. 

It's funny to think about that musical connection.

• Like 5
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Original here  

Bursting out in a sweat of terror, Rob plunges up from the abysses of his nightmare in bed in which his laptop got sucked into a blackhole, with 50% of their max patches being transferred across infin

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of previous remixes such as both of the perfect tracks from Splitrmx12 or Mari Hamada's Aire. Repetitive/catchy structures while very minimalist although creative beat/synth variations are heard. I love how the ambience is just slightly heard only in few moments. It is an approach that i was not used to, and brought back my best 2000's memories. Even though the beat is not very fast or aggressive, it is very complex for me in terms of groove

• Like 2

Wow! I love it. I wish the boys made accessible stuff like this more often. Reminds me of - Autechre Play Weissensee Against Im Glück (Original Composition by Neu!)

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Compvig said:

No one mentioned footwork. This remix is definitely AE's take on footwork.

I get the footwork flavour, but footwork didn't invent this type of rhythmic busy- and jumpy- ness, it merely sped it up from its Chicago ghettodance roots

On 2/13/2021 at 9:43 PM, Compvig said:

No one mentioned footwork. This remix is definitely AE's take on footwork.

100% nonsense ^

With each listen this track cements itself further  into easily  being the best track of 2021 

It's  simply excellent

• Like 2
On 2/14/2021 at 4:19 PM, KovalainenFanBoy said:

same reason no one mentioned grindcore

really need a from enslavement to obliteration remix: autechre pls

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, xox said:

the rmx is ayte but that ableton sound is all over it :facepalm:

honestly curious if you could expand on this. i've thought the same about some tunes i've heard before but didn't notice it on this one in particular.

unless you're just shitposting :nyan: in which case feel free to ignore and facepalm me 😄

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

genuinely unaware of this phenomenon, what is the 'ableton sound'?

Edited by ceiling
  • Farnsworth 1

You guys are mad! 😂 

spending your time on gearslutz?lol

Spoiler

we always joke about how their music sounds too maxmsp, that they need some analog love and now that they’ve ported the track’s channels to ableton for a rmx i though it’s time to shitpost about ableton now i guess

nah just forgetaboutit

Edited by xox
  • Burger 1

Sean mention they turn all their system into Live for the remix and he didn't like it (the Live system, not the remix).

If they have something such their own hardcore player that they have build for decades why not use it for the remix?

SOPHIE - BIPP (Grænulator Mx)

🙃

• 1 month later...