IGNORED

Petition to get Gearslutz to change its name

Rubin Farr

56 minutes ago, Amen Lare said:

Apple should change their name to Orange (tho it's bad as well!) or something, because the apple mythologem is strictly connected to white male privilege as in Isaac Newton story, God forbid to mention the original sin story (shaming women for nothing! They're absolutely beautiful and repressed and under-represented)

Taking jabs at weak brands like gearslutz is just helping our enemies

someone should go dig up steve jobs. the apple story with isaac newton isn't even true... just like the snake apple bit but i guess that doesn't matter when we're gonna dig up steve jobs anyways. 

16 minutes ago, dingformung said:

I like women. They are good

they're human beings. so, some of them are good.  probably none of the good ones want to go on gearslutz anyways. but men are the worst. look what they did to joan of arc. but 9/11 was a real tragedy. 

• Like 1

Gearslutz is fairly shit though. Did anyone mention this yet? The only thing I can recall worth saving are tidbits from acreil's incredibly deep synth research, which spans everything from low-level Yamaha FM chip design to FFT synthesis techniques in PD. Also some reviews of practical purchases like monitors.

The rest is mostly what I can only imagine are a horde of fat, ugly, white dudes competing with each other for who has the best taste in $20,000 compressors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There's some fantastic insight on DSP / audio engineering by some posters / devs etc... though on GS. I've learnt a lot there (and have read many, many, many piontless, ignorant posts too). A message board basically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweepstakes said:

Gearslutz is fairly shit though. Did anyone mention this yet? The only thing I can recall worth saving are tidbits from acreil's incredibly deep synth research, which spans everything from low-level Yamaha FM chip design to FFT synthesis techniques in PD. Also some reviews of practical purchases like monitors.

The rest is mostly what I can only imagine are a horde of fat, ugly, white dudes competing with each other for who has the best taste in $20,000 compressors.

Gearslutz is great, I can spend 10 minutes on there reading any random thread longer than 2 pages and feel so much better about myself.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

Gearslutz is great, I can spend 10 minutes on there reading any random thread longer than 2 pages and feel so much better about myself.

So it's a therapeutic tool for you?

20 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

So it's a therapeutic tool for you?

I'm getting up into the lower edge of middle aged, but going on there and seeing people talk about music (or anything else) made less than 25 years ago makes me feel like a teenager.

'the name of the site doesn't go down very well'

:duckhunt:

sounds relatively earnest but why did it take them this long? there's been rumblings about users wanting it changed for many years.

also of course there's still tons of assholes there still actively deriding others who even mention that it's a stupid name. those assholes aren't going to disappear.

in retrospect the whole "gearslutz is going to change its name" debacle feels like something that would be in a stan kelly comic with the statue of liberty crying, and a guy with a shirt labelled "GOOD-HUMOURED INDEPENDENT PRODUCER" being pushed around by an angry witch or some shit

• Haha 4