IGNORED

Petition to get Gearslutz to change its name

Rubin Farr

On 1/16/2021 at 12:45 PM, sweepstakes said:

Gearslutz is fairly shit though. Did anyone mention this yet? The only thing I can recall worth saving are tidbits from acreil's incredibly deep synth research, which spans everything from low-level Yamaha FM chip design to FFT synthesis techniques in PD. Also some reviews of practical purchases like monitors.

The rest is mostly what I can only imagine are a horde of fat, ugly, white dudes competing with each other for who has the best taste in $20,000 compressors.

GS has nothing on places like Super Best Audio Friends when it comes to abrasion and elitism. I dig 80's and 90's producers casually dropping in to spill the beans on famous tracks in the midst of a "how did they do it" discussion. The in-depth knowledge of 70's capacitors has a certain wow-factor as well. Just gotta ignore the capitalist bootlicking and so on. I can't recall any message board from the 00's era internet without sour or dull elements. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

in retrospect the whole "gearslutz is going to change its name" debacle feels like something that would be in a stan kelly comic with the statue of liberty crying, and a guy with a shirt labelled "GOOD-HUMOURED INDEPENDENT PRODUCER" being pushed around by an angry witch or some shit

"""It's political correctness gone mad! I can't use a slur/ degrade someone and get away with it anymore!!! Times were better when I could spit on people I felt were inferior to me for arbitrary reasons""" kinda people.

Edited by milkface
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, chim said:

GS has nothing on places like Super Best Audio Friends when it comes to abrasion and elitism. I dig 80's and 90's producers casually dropping in to spill the beans on famous tracks in the midst of a "how did they do it" discussion. The in-depth knowledge of 70's capacitors has a certain wow-factor as well. Just gotta ignore the capitalist bootlicking and so on. I can't recall any message board from the 00's era internet without sour or dull elements. 

Actually, yeah, I still read those Charlie Clouser and Steve Albini threads from time to time. Good shit.

• 2 months later...