A vertiable cornucopia of electronics from ambient through breaks to techno - and more. Recommended.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fumi
      Romance was that unknown entity I posted on here back at the tail end of last year with that tape of fantastical FM pads, syrupy OPN vibes and Basinski decayed ambience that sold out in 1 hour on Boomkat.
      This is a full length collaboration that taps into Caretaker, Stars Of The Lid and GAS.
      https://boomkat.com/products/eyes-of-fate
    • By dcom
      Emotions Electric returns with a radiant compilation of interplanetary waveforms from bleepest space by electronauts both known and unknown. Vinyl only, but worth it - art by Abdul Haqq (Third Earth Visual Arts).
    • By headplastic
      hey WATMM, thanks for your help and interesting ideas about IDM/braindance the last time I posted a topic. The feedback was humbling for the research, plus the sarcasm and general lels were pretty helpful too lmao

If you are interested in helping further, I put together a quick, structured form to more easily track some community data for both idm/braindance related queries and representational data:

https://forms.gle/zdNSAgEuoEjkJYNc9

If you choose to participate, you can be sure that all of the data is anonymous and no information is tracked beyond your answers (no emails, names, anything that specifically identifies you). Since this project is limited in its scope, WATMM is one of two online communities associated with idm/braindance/post-techno, whatever it may be called, to be analyzed for this research. The other is r/idm on reddit, mostly because these two forums are the ones I have most experience with/are most active.

Plus, any more thoughts or questions on the research are more than welcome in this thread

If you're curious to know where my research has taken me since I last engaged with you: The topic of what 'IDM' is became more necessary than I had intended, mainly because, as many of you pointed out, it's exhausted but there is still obvious uncertainty. I have come to the conclusion that while 'IDM' was historically used to classify certain artists and post-rave, explorative techno music, its definition has changed in the last twenty years to more accurately represent a philosophy behind making electronic music, or as some people have noted "a way of life". Not to mention 'IDM' was coined by Americans in an interpretation of what Warp was doing with AI. The tongue-and-cheek just got out of hand in the mainstream ('mainstream' being the commercial sector of widely accessible music, image, and other media). The term has controversy, and discussing it is exhausting, but it's still used popularly and has an interesting history to it. but enough of that
      There is much more to the research, mostly exploring how 'popular music' is much different today than it was 10, 20 and especially 30 years ago. There is some rave history involved and the transition from subcultural movement to commercial enterprise (raves > clubbing), and how electronic music blew up mainstream. Also I touch on online fandom and 'prosuming', as today us as fans add to the narrative of artists and engage with them in the digital space. if any of this interests you, feel free to comment or PM
      anyways, thanks again
    • By ghOsty
      Sup watmm? I decided to throw a new ambient/drone mix together as a succesor to the one I made a while back. This one was a lot of fun to put together as I really had to focus on textures and such to make the layered transitions seamless without sounding awkward. I think it turned out really well, so have a listen and enjoy.

https://www.mixcloud.com/ghOsty428/ghosty-presents-daydream-disposition-an-ambient-mix/

Tracklist:

Hegira Moya - Soft Folds // Biosphere - Invariable Cowhandler // Plant 43 - Cloud Iridescence // Vermont - Norderney // Alex Kassian - Olsen Waters // Oto Hiax - Creeks // Pye Corner Audio - Imprisoned Splendour // Daniel Lanois & Rocco Deluca - Deconstruction // Last Days - Surfacing // Tim Hecker - Voice Crack // Hainbach - Wide Awake // Daniel Lanois & Rocco Deluca - Heavy Sun // Simon Scott - Mae // Specimens - Moving Forward Constantly Looking Back // Yamaneko - Unreachable Feeling // Ian William Craig - Mass Noun // Justin Walter - Soft Illenss // Fennesz - Tom // Alex Kassian - Birds of Bahia // Ripperton - The Dove // Yamaneko - Afterglow // GAS - Narkopop 3 // Mark Templeton - Rosen

• By Shimon_Shimon
      Vinyl and CD reissue coming in June this year on Mille Plateaux. Has remained a staple part of my listening habits since I first picked up the re-release back in 2004.

Haven't seen it on the their Bandcamp: https://forceincmilleplateaux.bandcamp.com/ but it's up for pre-order in the usual places. 
      https://www.normanrecords.com/records/121115-thomas-koner-nuuk