IGNORED

Vivid Tracker on ipad

TheBro

Hey all is anyone using it? I want to know how to cut up breaks in it. Apparently it's like Pro Tracker on the Amiga. There's only a very simple manual online. Thanks in advance!

9 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Why not just use SunVox? It has a manual.

Yeah I saw Sunvox man but I wanted to try something more akin to what was used on the Amiga lol. I may give Sunvox a try though thanks. ?

Ahh, Amiga. Here's my A2000, still working after 30+ years. A2630 030/882 @ 25MHz, 128M Fast/1M Chip + other goodies. I've got a ZZ9000 I haven't yet installed, that's going to be a cool upgrade.

Amiga.thumb.jpg.ff0f41544fa76f22975eabe17150bfc0.jpg

Edited by dcom
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, zkom said:

Can't you just use the ProTracker commands? http://coppershade.org/articles/More!/Topics/Protracker_Effect_Commands/

For cutting up breaks you basically just need the set sample offset command 9xx combined with the note on that line.

Right that makes no sense to me ? but I'll give it a go and if I get stuck I'll come back to you if that's okay! Thanks.

1 hour ago, dcom said:

Ahh, Amiga. Here's my A2000, still working after 30+ years. A2630 030/882 @ 25MHz, 128M Fast/1M Chip + other goodies. I've got a ZZ9000 I haven't yet installed, that's going to be a cool upgrade.

A2000

Can't see the picture lol.

13 minutes ago, TheBro said:

Can't see the picture lol.

How about now? I always fall in the same trap when copying images from Photos... I copy-paste but it doesn't actually copy the the image from clipboard like Slack does.

Edited by dcom

18 minutes ago, TheBro said:

Right that makes no sense to me ? but I'll give it a go and if I get stuck I'll come back to you if that's okay! Thanks.

Trackers are a huge shift from midi/piano roll. I started with trackers first and only in the last few years 'migrated' to piano roll editing through Ableton (still prefer trackers mind) and probably had the same 'WTF' reaction as you had (but the other way round!)

Start with just triggering samples first and then worry about the command column a bit later

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mcbpete said:

Trackers are a huge shift from midi/piano roll. I started with trackers first and only in the last few years 'migrated' to piano roll editing through Ableton (still prefer trackers mind).

Start with just triggering samples first and then worry about the command column a bit later

Thanks man.

9 hours ago, TheBro said:

Here's a quick video tutorial for the sample offset command in ProTracker. Idk if Vivid Tracker has that kind of automatic sample point display when you look at the waveform and move the mouse pointer over it, but you get the general idea. It's just 9xx where xx is the sample offset in hexadecimals.

Basically the tracker commands are a bit like midi commands with the first hex being the command selection and the last two being the parameter or parameters.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 1:05 PM, mcbpete said:

Trackers are a huge shift from midi/piano roll. I started with trackers first and only in the last few years 'migrated' to piano roll editing through Ableton (still prefer trackers mind) and probably had the same 'WTF' reaction as you had (but the other way round!)

Really good advice about the command column. ??

I had Octamed on my Amiga and when I moved over to Cubase years later I always thought piano rolls are shit trackers lying on their side... I spent the first six months with my held tilted over to get used to them ?

• Haha 1

Haha, yep me too ! In fact I'm still hoping for a non-jumping-through-hoops method of using a tracker to input notes into Ableton. I am occasionally tempted to go back to Jeskola Buzz again, and once Joachip fixes the VSTi issue with newer plugins and wde completes EnvelopeBlock and Modern Sequence View and Oskari finishes the Modern Pattern View it's going to be extremely tempting to say goodbye to Ableton (for composing anyway)

Yeah, I never got used to piano roll so I'm stuck with Renoise for now :cisfor:

The interesting thing about trackers like Renoise is that it kind of encourages to move out of looping patterns and work in a more of a parallel way where you see how each instrument and event works together with others. So it's less about layering patterns and instead it's this kind of puzzle where you put pieces in place both in sequence and in parallel. I don't know if that explanation makes any sense.

It obviously doesn't work very well with some production styles though.

4 hours ago, zkom said:

So it's less about layering patterns and instead it's this kind of puzzle where you put pieces in place both in sequence and in parallel. I don't know if that explanation makes any sense

Definitely. Especially when you're using only four channels and have to think about where things can fit; looking at some of the really proggy MOD files where tons of stuff is crammed in is a real inspiration imo. 

I've probably posted it before, but this video covers it pretty well:

https://youtu.be/NFudy2HAh4k

• 2 years later...

Hello! Bump! 

Just got an iPad Air 5, just want to know if anyone here can recommend me music apps, nice programs/trackers etc? Anything about music!

Any nice trackers I can use? Cheers! 

• Like 1

I'm not really into any of the trackers. I tend to prefer using buttons rather than a touch interface for that kind of software.

However, if you're into granular synthesis, both Fluss and Borderlands are great apps and use the interface well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 12:43 PM, cern said:

Hello! Bump! 

Just got an iPad Air 5, just want to know if anyone here can recommend me music apps, nice programs/trackers etc? Anything about music!

Not a tracker, but Drambo is a very hyped app for a reason. People say it's somewhat an easy-to-use octatrack married with a flexible modular synthrack. Been never attracted to either of the two. But I recently downloaded it for a train ride. And man it rocks!!

Great combination of sequencing tr-style, note sequencing and piano roll. Very good sounding modular that abandons cables for a good reasons. But also with sampling you can go wild.  Didn't even feel 9 hours passing 🥲

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, e-mertz said:

Not a tracker, but Drambo is a very hyped app for a reason. People say it's somewhat an easy-to-use octatrack married with a flexible modular synthrack. Been never attracted to either of the two. But I recently downloaded it for a train ride. And man it rocks!!

Great combination of sequencing tr-style, note sequencing and piano roll. Very good sounding modular that abandons cables for a good reasons. But also with sampling you can go wild.  Didn't even feel 9 hours passing 🥲

Drambo rules. Build synths/whatever from scratch. It's MIDI modulation options are the best iOS has ever had. Love it. Really want a more powerful iPad so I can do more with it.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 11:43 AM, cern said:

Hello! Bump! 

Try BM3 or Logic. They've just started updating BM3 recently which is good. Hope it's a trend but yeah that's what I use on the iPad. Need any tips let me know. Anyways mainly use Live on the Mac tho!

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2023 at 12:43 PM, cern said:

Hello! Bump! 

korg gadget, miRack, sunvox.

drambo seems powerful, but I haven't delved that deep into it yet. 

touchOSC is great if you need midi mapping for anything in a DAW or the likes.

• Like 1