Nil Hartman: [~] (Editions Denkfabrik, 2021)

Should we hate Spotify?
{Ÿęß}, mœßt dėfîñîtłÿ [!]

spotify (get 0)

• Haha 1
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Highly anticipated 3 track EP by Nil Hartman out (date tbc) via Editions Denkfabrik. These tracks are all one take live recordings and 100% synthesised and sequenced in real-time. Tracklist below

[~] will be released on March 5th (sorry for the delay). 

Qebrus’ track titles use the *really* strange characters (UTF-8). Those are fine. Your album title only uses a *mildly* strange character. These are much more dangerous because older systems know abou

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, xox said:

Should we hate Spotify?
{Ÿęß}, mœßt dėfîñîtłÿ [!]

spotify (get 0)

I definitely had an itch to rant about Spotify/Distrokid earlier today, but I managed to restrain myself.

At any rate, I've no doubt that [~]/Matilde will be well worth the wait

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Nil said:

Minutes ago I sent a screenshot of Qebrus's Spotify page to the label, hopefully that should convince the distributor.

Qebrus’ track titles use the *really* strange characters (UTF-8). Those are fine. Your album title only uses a *mildly* strange character. These are much more dangerous because older systems know about those.

Which gives me an idea.

There are UTF-8 (“really strange”) characters that *look* like tildes (“mildly strange”) but aren’t.

Take a look here:

https://www.utf8icons.com/character/732/small-tilde 

This page links to a small tilde, a tilde operator and something called a “combining tilde” that apparently indicates nasalization in Vietnamese.

Maybe one of these will pass the security checks?

Good luck, anyway!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yo @Nil : any news?

Gettin' real impatient here </ ny tough guy voice>

• Haha 1

If only... 😞

Meanwhile, some useless FM drone :  

Edited by Nil
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 2/6/2021 at 1:18 AM, Stickfigger said:

Don't let it get to you man .

The tunes are excellent and timeless and this little hiccup will be a tiny blip in history 

I strongly agree with this. Still very much looking forward to this.

• Thanks 1

Can we hope the LP will be named ''Stargreat'? In regard of your pharaonic patience and abilities to build such amazing sound structures.

• Haha 2

@Stickfigger yes my friend ! I suppose sending screenshots of Qebrus releases was crucial here hehe ;)

Joke aside, I’m glad it’ll be released as intended. FWIW, I plan to use punctuation for the name of another EP, so next time hopefully I won’t have to jump through the same hoops.

16 hours ago, Nil said:

Joke aside, I’m glad it’ll be released as intended. FWIW, I plan to use punctuation for the name of another EP, so next time hopefully I won’t have to jump through the same hoops.

May I recommend “/“ ?

j/k Glad you things sorted. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

it seems that Juno Downloads has previews up 🙂 I suppose other stores will follow soon (am a huge fan of Bandcamp myself).

my_body_is_ready.png.f292fa8ad45f47ae03b9658be9a43c55.png

edit : sounds lush, way more subtle than most "algorave" music (I mean I love that too but still, good to hear something different !) can't wait to hear the full thing !

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Thanks 1

Out tomorrow. You can stream its opener, Nonymous.

• Like 2

... and out now. You can now buy and stream the 3 tunes... and add [~] to your cart  :emotawesomepm9:
Joke aside, I sincerly hope you'll love it.

Ps: flac files are 24bit 96kHz

Fantastic news! 

I listened to the first track on the way to work this morning and am very keen to listen to these tracks later this evening. Really stellar stuff and everyone i've shown has been very impressed. Great work on bringing your creation to the masses man - congratulations!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good stuff. Also saw that William Fields commented on your IG story, congrats!

• Thanks 1

Thank you ! That WF’s comment was unexpected and made my day, I love his music.

ps: I bought that new EP of yours today too, can’t wait to listen to it properly ;)

• Like 1

So thankful for such positive feedback, that’s fucking amazing.

It might be because of the new (to me) creative process, but I can listen to the tunes as if someone else produced them.

To my ears, LC is the obvious banger... at first. Nonymous and Clical are real growers though. I can’t really pick a favorite. 
I keep on discovering new stuffs in these tracks myself, there’s a lot of weirdness & complexity actually going on, even if not explicitly spectacular.

Edited by Nil