• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put them on these as well, split each track over 10 sides

It makes absolutely no sense to have these albums on vinyl lol

Posted Images

can't wait to drop the needle on that sudden fucking alarm sound that pops out of nowhere after 5 hours of almost silence or whatever

(FWIW I do love the concept and packaging etc of these albums, they're just not that great to listen to lol)

• Haha 2

Can I have them also as sheet music?

1 hour ago, oscillik said:

You guise realise that there is such a thing as 5.1 audio vinyl records, right?

I've seen quadraphonic but not 5.1. 

I doubt this would be either; I doubt anyone who would buy this would have the kind of setup that could decode such pressings. 

9 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Not seen this before (from The Wire - Issue 243 - May 2004) 😄

Regarding this re-release, as usual his ambiguous reply makes me unsure whether it has McKenzie's blessing or not ...

yeah that was always my favourite part of that interview (which I must've read about 1000 times back in the day)

I am down for owning these dust catchers

18 hours ago, modey said:

I've seen quadraphonic but not 5.1. 

I doubt this would be either; I doubt anyone who would buy this would have the kind of setup that could decode such pressings. 

If I remember correctly from a h3o/ae interview, Sean didn't even have the setup to listen to the 5.1 release and said he'd have to go to his mom's house or someone like that 😄

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

If I remember correctly from a h3o/ae interview, Sean didn't even have the setup to listen to the 5.1 release and said he'd have to go to his mom's house or someone like that 😄

lol Yes and he said the only people who own 5.1 systems are chavs.

• Haha 1
On 2/2/2021 at 4:05 PM, mcbpete said:

Looks like 500 edition run - God knows how 'spensive it'll be !

7 will probably be bought by watmmers (maybe) but i doubt the other 493 will be sold at all

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

Never thought I'd turn down a rare autechre LP boxset, but the Hafler /ae stuff seems like a really poor fit for vinyl. All those passages of near silence or barely there drones surely aren't suited for it. (Plus the original material really isn't that strong IMO)

i rly dig the musics but nah... also already got 2/3 on CD so whatevs.

(never felt the artwork for these tho tbh, especially that handwriting font...)

Yeah, im gonna pass on this.

There may be some part-time Autechre fans who decide to go for this and will end up being quite disappointed by the content.  Take a listen first if you are tempted! 

*edit*

I mean, its not terrible, but its a case of something that is NOT more than the sum of its parts. 

Edited by Soloman Tump
23 minutes ago, xox said:

I can’t see the content on those pages! ...they are empty 😕

VOD have sold out all 300 of their copies according to their Facebook, so it's removed from there.

Bleep haven't received their copies, it's not listed on their site yet.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Yeah, im gonna pass on this.

There may be some part-time Autechre fans who decide to go for this and will end up being quite disappointed by the content.  Take a listen first if you are tempted! 

*edit*

I mean, its not terrible, but its a case of something that is NOT more than the sum of its parts. 

It is a drone snooze fest

Incunabula
Amber
Tri Rep
Chiastic Slide
Confield 
Untilted 

Re-press now god damn it now! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, cern said:

It is a drone snooze fest

Incunabula
Amber
Tri Rep
Chiastic Slide
Confield 
Untilted 

Re-press now god damn it now! 

The first 3 are still available! I’m waiting for the next 3, C Slide-Lp5-Confield

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, xox said:

The first 3 are still available! I’m waiting for the next 3, C Slide-Lp5-Confield

Sean confirmed they were on the way one year ago but nothing since then (I guess because of covid ?)

• Sad 1
On 3/26/2021 at 4:44 PM, d-a-m-o said:

Sean confirmed they were on the way one year ago but nothing since then (I guess because of covid ?)

Damn I hope so. Got LP5, want the others. Especially now I got my vinyl setup running sweet.

On 3/26/2021 at 5:34 PM, xox said:

Oh Where can I buy a new Tri rep or Chiastic Slide vinyl?????? 

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Hafler Trio / Autechre - ³oæh [7Lp-Box]