Bristlecone Pines, FTW...

The term bristlecone pine covers three species of pine tree (family Pinaceae, genus Pinus, subsection Balfourianae). All three species are long-lived and highly resilient to harsh weather and bad soils. One of the three species, Pinus longaeva, is among the longest-lived life forms on Earth. The oldest Pinus longaeva is more than 4,800 years old,[1] making it the oldest known individual of any species.

Despite their potential age and low reproductive rate, bristlecone pines, particularly Pinus longaeva, are usually a first-succession species, tending to occupy new open ground.[2] They generally compete poorly in less-than-harsh environments, making them hard to cultivate.[2] In gardens, they succumb quickly to root rot.[3] They do very well, however, where most other plants cannot even grow, such as in rocky dolomitic soils in areas with virtually no rainfall.[2]

Bristlecone pines grow in scattered subalpine groves at high altitude in arid regions of the Western United States. Bristlecones, along with all related species in class Pinopsida, are cone-bearing seed plants commonly known as conifers; the name comes from the prickles on the female cones.[4]

spacer.png

spacer.png

Great-Basin-National-Park_01(pp_w768_h51

2949cc45bd802912cce8a1230bb4334d.jpg

IMG_5025.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

sunset-at-the-ancient-bristlecone-pine-f

I fucking love Redwoods more than anything else tho...

5000.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&auto=form

e02f9f5ba56be3dace16d9ff75ceb6a6.jpg

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 12

6 minutes ago, auxien said:

really cool

and jules those sequoias and the other pics are gorgeous ?

really love those bristlecone pines jefferoo they always look awesome

Thanks! There was one that had fallen a long time ago and it was completely hollow. I took this of my buddy after he quite literally walked through 2000 years. the park was amazing - def one of the coolest trips Ive ever taken.

Unknown.thumb.jpeg.ed3754dcaa21e1e7a5650d031483b78d.jpeg

• Like 2

^that tree is pretty impressive to my eyes, it’s lovely. love the stoutness of it’s build and obv very lovely colors. 

also baobabs yes i want to get drunk literally within a tree, pls ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, auxien said:

^that tree is pretty impressive to my eyes, it’s lovely. love the stoutness of it’s build and obv very lovely colors.
<span><span style=?">

it's pretty obvious he cheated with excessive filters and HDR... without it the tree would look pretty boring...

• Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

it's pretty obvious he cheated with excessive filters and HDR... without it the tree would look pretty boring...

no negative vibez man. check out some nice ^ tree buttz & cockz or make like a tree and leave

:doge:

• Like 1