IGNORED

Night Sequels - TASCAMS (2010 2021) + EP

fumi

Fuck yeah I'm all over this! I guess TASCAM's not exactly positioned as a new album, but rather snapshots of bedroom studio experiments from the last decade. Slug in particular caught my attention, which features some deep and dark improvisations not previously heard in the Night Sequels / Freescha cannon.

Apparently more such transmissions to be expected in the future! 

On 2/5/2021 at 7:12 PM, fumi said:

Guys, this is one half of Freescha, in case you weren't aware.

I only just now listened to Children of the Night for the first time - really great stuff. 

Somehow I am a fan of Freescha but never heard this before. Shame on me.

Edited by Extralife

On 2/5/2021 at 8:12 PM, fumi said:

Guys, this is one half of Freescha, in case you weren't aware.

Yeah he's got a new remix on that Brian Grainger fella's new single too, IIRC 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is also his Terror Train project from 2011. This can be seen as a transition album (IMO) where he started to move away from the Freescha sound towards Night Sequels.

Also there is also a truly wonderful mix he did a few years back. It collects together all the inspirations for Freescha. Some of the choices seemed strange to me back in 2015 when he released this. And yet, when you listen to Freecha's catalog and all the solo stuff, you can see where the origins and vibes that make up their sound came from. Be sure to read Nick's notes on the tracklist.

If you're a real fan of their sound, this mix is essential listening.

https://www.astrangelyisolatedplace.com/blog/2015/8/15/isolatedmix-56-night-sequels-listen-to-the-ni-fi

• Like 4

13 hours ago, fumi said:

There is also his Terror Train project from 2011. This can be seen as a transition album (IMO) where he started to move away from the Freescha sound towards Night Sequels.

Also there is also a truly wonderful mix he did a few years back. It collects together all the inspirations for Freescha. Some of the choices seemed strange to me back in 2015 when he released this. And yet, when you listen to Freecha's catalog and all the solo stuff, you can see where the origins and vibes that make up their sound came from. Be sure to read Nick's notes on the tracklist.

If you're a real fan of their sound, this mix is essential listening.

https://www.astrangelyisolatedplace.com/blog/2015/8/15/isolatedmix-56-night-sequels-listen-to-the-ni-fi

I forgot about this mix! One of my favorites from the ASIP series. Fits his vibe well. Love his Cats are Grey cover, too.

Also a good reminder to dive back into the Terror Train album too, there are a few gems on there.

Edited by Friendly Stranger

There is also the 'Christmas Lights' release from 2014.

a1717848096_16.jpg

The Bandcamp download also features two bonus tracks (that cannot be previewed unfortunately).

One of them is 'Equinal Sound' - probably the best Freescha track ever (for me). 

I've included a very short 1m sample below. I hope Nick doesn't mind.

821126956_EquinalSoundSample.flac

4 hours ago, fumi said:

There is also the 'Christmas Lights' release from 2014.

a1717848096_16.jpg

The Bandcamp download also features two bonus tracks (that cannot be previewed unfortunately).

One of them is 'Equinal Sound' - probably the best Freescha track ever (for me). 

I've included a very short 1m sample below. I hope Nick doesn't mind.

Your browser does not support the HTML5 audio tag.

821126956_EquinalSoundSample.flac 3.3 MB · 18 downloads

I’ve got this on vinyl, and we’re close on Equinal Sound but I think Bumble just eeks it out for me.