IGNORED

Eyecandy Movies that won't break your brain

T3551ER

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

ost by amon tobin... perfect fit for this thread...

Also check out Taxidermia, if you enjoy this, might break your brain a little though, also the eyecandy is more like fuglycandy. 

Kagemusha has some trippy visuals, don't think it's been mentioned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Also check out Taxidermia, if you enjoy this, might break your brain a little though, also the eyecandy is more like fuglycandy. 

already did... that one and hukkle... and yes, taxidermia is fugly... hukkle is kinda cute though...

• Like 1

Funky forest

Survive Style 5+ 

Symbol

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eh Speedy said:

Was thinking of Crouching Tiger as well, but if you want some of that OG wuxia style stuff that inspired it, check “A Touch of Zen”. Its like 3 hours but I grabs me and pulls me all the way thru every time. 

Touch of Zen is great. I was thinking in terms of the eyecandy part - I don't even think Crouching Tiger is a top drawer wuxia, but it's a beautiful film.

2 hours ago, eh Speedy said:

Was thinking of Crouching Tiger as well, but if you want some of that OG wuxia style stuff that inspired it, check “A Touch of Zen”. Its like 3 hours but I grabs me and pulls me all the way thru every time. 

that reminds of Hero (2002) which is a great eye candy kungfu fairytale starring Jet Li and others

Watched Hausu (1977) last night, seems apt to rec

Not so much eyecandy as it is visual binge-eating of fun dip 

16 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Holy shit, I forgot about Days of Heaven.  Everybody, watch that masterpiece as soon as possible.

Nothing but cozy americana

Been meaning to watch this, thanks for reminding me

• Like 1

Clash of the Titans (2010 remake) w/ Sam Worthington is really fun. Its the perfect kind of movie to remake w/ new tech if you’re not trying to hold on to the kitsch stop motion nostalgia. 

The Hobbit Trilogy I find really underrated. Gollum never looked better.

15 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Jason and the Argonauts

when i was a kid there were summer movies. every tuesday 10a-12p at a local theater. i saw this there more than once. you'd sign up for the summer movie club and every tuesday they'd show something for kids.. usually really old. jason and the argonauts was a favorite. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, ignatius said:

when i was a kid there were summer movies. every tuesday 10a-12p at a local theater. i saw this there more than once. you'd sign up for the summer movie club and every tuesday they'd show something for kids.. usually really old. jason and the argonauts was a favorite. 

It holds a special place in my heart as I went to a rave in a movie theatre in like 93 I think, my friend was dating a girl who sold, and she gave me some out of this world good acid, at some point the theatre owner put this on and I watched the second half, and I was pretty fucking high during the skeleton scene, when it finished, I jumped out of my seat yelling and screaming and then proceeded to dance to some crazed tribal techno. dominator. I think the CJ Bolland mix. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1