IGNORED

sTeh B L

sTeh B L

For the section in the middle, I'm planning on doing a lot more with the beat and maybe replacing the synths. But I'm probably just going to end up writing more sections. Any suggestions?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, eassae said:

I like the synth that comes in at :40—might be cool to gate it a bit here and there to complement the rhythm section.

I like the sound of that. I'll have to play around with that idea and see if I can pull it off or not. Thanks for the feedback, dude.

14 hours ago, DeliKuvveti said:

1:15 onwards is pretty good! I would just build the whole track around that section.

I'm not sure I'm following you. Are you suggesting that I throw out the other sections?

If you want to make it a longer track, then you could also expand the last section and then add a final one which combines some parts from the 1st with the last section?

Anyway I like the sounds and the production seems nice and neat to me too. ?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, thawkins said:

If you want to make it a longer track, then you could also expand the last section and then add a final one which combines some parts from the 1st with the last section?

Anyway I like the sounds and the production seems nice and neat to me too. ?

I'm working on a new section and I might try that idea and see if it fits. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

I like the loud/quiet dynamic in the opening part.  By that, I mean the lack of notes in the last quarter of each bar.  It might be worth doing something similar in the other sections of the track as well?  The drum work is really good.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

I like the loud/quiet dynamic in the opening part.  By that, I mean the lack of notes in the last quarter of each bar.  It might be worth doing something similar in the other sections of the track as well?

That's an interesting concept. I'll have to try it and see if I can pull it off. Thanks for the idea.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 1:39 AM, justanotheruser said:

Nice! The beat repeat on that snare sounds pretty good. I would adjust it a little bit tho, seems a little bit off sometimes. 

Loved the ending!

I really appreciate it! 
Somehow I didn't see your comment until now. Yeah, that beat definitely still needs some work.

On 3/23/2021 at 4:52 PM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Enjoyed that.  It's got some Royal Astronomy vibes for me.  

Wow! I used to love listening to that record every day. Now that you've brought it up, I think I'm gonna have to put it back in my rotation.

On 3/23/2021 at 4:52 PM, eassae said:

I did think the melody could have a little more atmosphere around it,

Do you think more reverb would do the trick? 

and maybe a little more distortion to soften the high frequencies(I always loved Sound Toys Radiator for things like this).

I might try that to see how it sounds. I'll have to look into that "Radiator" thing. Honestly, I'm so happy with how this track turned out, that I'm afraid to touch anything. But I think I'm gonna give these ideas a shot.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

• 1 month later...

I found this a few days ago, and freshened it up a bit. I'm thinking I'm gonna add some reversed bell sounds in there, and really try some various ideas with the percussion. Honestly, though, I'm kind of afraid I'm gonna just make it worse. I'm hoping that hearing some suggestions will get me feeling creative enough to play with this some more. What do you guys think?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sTeh B L said:

I found this a few days ago, and freshened it up a bit. I'm thinking I'm gonna add some reversed bell sounds in there, and really try some various ideas with the percussion. Honestly, though, I'm kind of afraid I'm gonna just make it worse. I'm hoping that hearing some suggestions will get me feeling creative enough to play with this some more. What do you guys think?

What I'm hearing in my mind is a cello at the bottom or something similar playing a bass line. It could come in close to the ending (at 1:20) and play long notes, but also do something melodic, so you'll feel it as a new element. Then it could be time to silence some things... maybe give the bells a break. That could open up space for some variation, maybe that would be a good place to go nuts with the drums.

I'd also bring down the volume of the bells overall - just a smidge.

Otherwise a nice sounding track!

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:39 PM, sTeh B L said:

I think I'm FINALLY ready to let people hear this one!

That cello is very nice. Hope I got the instrument correct lol. This riff was quite nice too. What synth were you using for the orchestral elements?

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2021 at 11:11 AM, eassae said:

I think something you could play with in this track is the Shepard Tone. You could try it with pluck and the lead that's already there, then maybe add another element above the lead. Or, you could double the lead in various ways in the bass and high mids. Or, add some ambient using this effect.

I've never heard of that before. I think I'll give it a shot, but who knows if I'll be able to make it fit into the track.

On 4/26/2021 at 12:00 PM, ArtificialDisco said:

What I'm hearing in my mind is a cello at the bottom or something similar playing a bass line. It could come in close to the ending (at 1:20) and play long notes, but also do something melodic, so you'll feel it as a new element. Then it could be time to silence some things... maybe give the bells a break. That could open up space for some variation, maybe that would be a good place to go nuts with the drums.

Yeah, I think I like the idea of freeing up some space to put more focus on the rhythmic section. I'll also try out the cello idea too.

On 4/26/2021 at 12:00 PM, ArtificialDisco said:

I'd also bring down the volume of the bells overall - just a smidge.

I need to do some automating on those. They're either too quiet or too loud sometimes, so I just settled on loud since they are playing the main melody.

22 hours ago, TheBro said:

That cello is very nice. Hope I got the instrument correct lol. This riff was quite nice too. What synth were you using for the orchestral elements?

At :020 (if that's the part you mean) I'm using the CineStrings Solo library.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to updating this one:

I did think the melody could have a little more atmosphere around it, and maybe a little more distortion to soften the high frequencies(I always loved Sound Toys Radiator for things like this).

I tried out Radiator and liked it enough to keep it in. I used the preset called "Drive In."

What do you guys think?

• Like 3