IGNORED

Nuron/Fugue - Likemind 06 (remastered 2x12")

dcom

OMFG. I feel giddy.

This will be a vinyl only release from Likemind, but I have it on good authority that digital will be available from Nuron's Bandcamp after the vinyl's sold out.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

• dcom changed the title to Nuron/Fugue - Likemind 06 (remastered 2x12")

Absolutely essential. Despite releasing so few tracks in comparison to his Likeminded peers, Nuron was one of the greatest producers of that era. I’ve been lucky enough to listen to this and will say that the remaster sounds crystal clear.

Considering the only way I was able to hear these tracks for many years were low quality vinyl rips, this is especially nice.

Also a super nice guy. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Eau Rouge is one of my favorite tracks by any artist, ever.

It's my utmost favourite from Nuron as well. It has the most play wear of my Likemind vinyls. I think I'll need at least two copies of this.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

I have to say that I've been extremely - but positively, of course - surprised that Nuron has activated after such a long time, and producing new material as well. La Source EPs are absolutely fantastic, Nuron's still got it.

Still waiting for Beaumont Hannant's comeback, probably in vain.

• Like 3

definition of "instabuy"

pretty much the high water mark of UK techno/electronica.  had all the 12s since release, they're probably the things I'd grab first if the house was on fire

my favourite?  mirage

• Like 2

Those of you that have the Nuron/Fugue Likemind 02 vinyl - is your Fugue side of the record pressed off-center, making Interlagos' pitch wobble considerably on each rotation (and Contrapoint a bit less)?

Mine is and I'm wondering how widespread it is - it's going to be amazing to get Interlagos sounding right with the new edition.

Edited by dcom

37 minutes ago, dcom said:

Those of you that have the Nuron/Fugue Likemind 02 vinyl - is your Fugue side of the record pressed off-center, making Interlagos' pitch wobble considerably on each rotation (and Contrapoint a bit less)?

Mine is and I'm wondering how widespread it is - it's going to be amazing to get Interlagos sounding right with the new edition.

Yeah that side is off-centre on my copy too.  Not by a huge amount, I've seen much worse, but it's noticeable.

When a record's badly off-centre I'll expand the centre hole with a scissor blade and shift the record on the platter to compensate.  Haven't done that with LM02 though

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, hayhook said:

anyone know if this is going to come with downloads?

No, but digital will be available from Nuron's Bandcamp later when the pressing's sold out - I wrote about this in the initial post.

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2021 at 9:19 PM, dcom said:

OMFG. I feel giddy.

This will be a vinyl only release from Likemind, but I have it on good authority that digital will be available from Nuron's Bandcamp after the vinyl's sold out.

thnx for the great news! (bought of course!)

• 4 weeks later...

arrived today..  very impressed with the sound, and really pleased to see MPO handled the manufacture, not a single tick, pop or hint of noise across all 4 sides - I reckon MPO are pressing the best vinyl in Europe at the moment, or at least as good as recordindustry  - thank god they didn't use (sub)optimal!!

• Like 1

I got the despatch notice, but due to Brexit (you bloody twats) there's a good chance it'll get intercepted by Finnish customs and I'll have to pay VAT on top - but it's worth it. There's not a lot that I'm more looking forward to than this.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 12:01 PM, dcom said:

I got the despatch notice, but due to Brexit (you bloody twats) there's a good chance it'll get intercepted by Finnish customs and I'll have to pay VAT on top - but it's worth it. There's not a lot that I'm more looking forward to than this.

same here! im expecting to pay additional 10-12 euros ?

Record came! Two generic sleeves tho

But nevertheless, beautiful stuff! Had to order doubles of everything Nuron (this Likemind and both La sources); i need to have this secured!