IGNORED

Chromadome - Old tracks I recently mixed well

willochill

Hi all,

During COVID, as an exercise in learning how to mix my tracks well, I've dug up a shite-ton of old ambient/IDM tracks I made back in high school and tried my best to mix each of them very well. There's like upwards of 150-200 of them so I will be posting 'em all to this thread regularly. Feedback (especially mixing feedback) is encouraged.

Enjoy!

Edited by willochill
  • Like 6

Very pleasant sound. Everything's clear and has it's own place but there's still enough glue in there keeping things cohesive.

What did the original sound like? I'd be interested to hear for comparison and about your process (I'm also currently revisiting some old music and re-mixing it).

One constructive crit is that you can probably get away with having a bit more bass in there without muddying things up.

8 hours ago, Brian Dance said:

Very pleasant sound. Everything's clear and has it's own place but there's still enough glue in there keeping things cohesive.

What did the original sound like? I'd be interested to hear for comparison and about your process (I'm also currently revisiting some old music and re-mixing it).

One constructive crit is that you can probably get away with having a bit more bass in there without muddying things up.

Thanks for the feedback. This is what the old version sounded like:

Two big things:

-Replaced the synth line in the beginning with a sample cuz I felt the synth line was kinda drab.

-The original was insanely muddy, so I ended up cutting out a ton of low mids from the mix. Listening back to the new mix, I think you might be right that I went a bit too far in cutting some of the lows out, it's a little thin. Might try to bring some of that back.

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, willochill said:

Some more old dark ambient tunes that I will be releasing on an album soon:

Really nice all three! Really liked The second half of Dark Town and Ganymede in particular.. love the high freq sounds! :smile:

• Like 1