IGNORED

is this enjoyable?

tbf

I would enjoy it more if the melodic content were a bit more diverse and dynamic - the same 8 beat melody is pretty much repeated for >4min. This is just my opinion though... a lot of people love to hear the same 4 beat 303 line for an entire track!

cool, thanks for the input ?

this was for a VA on a dancefloor oriented label. I tried making it repetitive enough as to fit in with the average dancefloor tracks, maybe it got a little out of hand?

On 2/18/2021 at 9:02 AM, tbf said:

would love to know if you find this entertaining

https://soundcloud.com/a_hank/wgwfwdgaf/s-qaCjdsH8lo4

Love that bassline ... really off-kilter kinda deranged style lol. Yeah this is my type of vibe. Techno! Not totally sure if all the music sits perfectly together but its pretty fresh. Didn't find it repetitive. Interesting little addition of some amen some snares at the end. Overall liked it but perhaps felt it was a bit too fussy and too much going on it parts maybe. Personally would like to have heard it striped back more with just the bassline and a few elements. I found it a lot to take on all at once. I'm glad you posted it here though!

thanks a lot for the feedback, guys ?

On 2/22/2021 at 5:50 PM, chim said:

I dig this kinda stuff. Could be SC compression but it's coming across a bit muddy. 

SC does fuck things up, especially being a demo, not really that polished, I was just tryin to lay down the idea to see how to make it work, just needed to send a rough mix. I'll keep that in mind!

• Like 1