IGNORED

arpanet - Inertial Frame

Guest mrx

Guest man with no name

:alien: :w00t:

also, they have an ep out on itunes.

:alien: :w00t: X2

Though Inertial Frame serves the usual amount of killer loops, mysterious percussive treads and midnight melodies, Arpanet returns here for our greatest joy with BEATS and - please note the issue held in such an assessment - a whole bunch of fully SUNG tracks.

i can't access itunes - well i don't like to - but what would the EP be closer to, wireless internet or quantum transposition? because i didn't like wireless internet

Guest cosmonaut
i can't access itunes - well i don't like to

not even to preview new music of an artist you'd like to listen to?

:rolleyes: some people and their anti-apple crusades. no one's asking you to buy anything on itunes..

Guest nannystatenoise

the reference frame ep on itunes sounds brighter and more uplifting than the moody and brooding wireless internet. is this coming out on any other format?

Guest onesixoneight
- but what would the EP be closer to, wireless internet or quantum transposition? because i didn't like wireless internet

it was quantum transposition that i didnt like, wireless internet wailed

Guest Promo

- but what would the EP be closer to, wireless internet or quantum transposition? because i didn't like wireless internet

it was quantum transposition that i didnt like, wireless internet wailed

I'm inclined to agree. I need to listen to 'Quantum' again though because I feel I haven't given it much of a listen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tidbit

"Reappearing on Air's 'record makers' imprint, the man like Arpanet drops 4 tracks of Kraftwerkian melodics and machine beats direct from the dataphysix labs. I'm not quite sure what the concept is here (previous ideas have centred around wireless communications, the advancement of the internet and biometric identification) but the sounds are textbook Arpanet/Dopplereffekt, less fractured than his Rephlex output. 'Infinite density' revolves around a languid square bass and electro rhythm with a cold robotic glaze. The rigid wonk of 'No Boundry Condition' accelerates to an Ultradyne level of dystopia before the two versions of 'event horizon' (inst + vox) decrease to sludgy currents of machine information with spooked out accompaniment. A thoroughly squashed package - very good indeed." ---boomkat

,,,... clips sounded great!

• 1 month later...
Guest man with no name

this is probably my fav album of 06... It's a shame that most of those tracks they played at the La Geode gig (search arpanet on youtube) aren't on this album...hmm,this could this mean that we'll see two dataphysix albums this year.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nannystatenoise

this is totally awesome. it sounds like dopplereffekt's linear accelerator with beats. totally eerie and dark..and its about space.

Guest nannystatenoise
this is totally awesome. it sounds like dopplereffekt's linear accelerator with beats. totally eerie and dark..and its about space.

especially the last 3 tracks on linear accelerator. IMO some of the best music put to vinyl by Gerald Donald, and thats counting drexciya.

soon i think, i only have the ep so far & yes its brillant (& saw them @ la géode, those mad synths lines :::::::::::) u should all be ashamed of you, the record is not out yet!!

from RM site:

ARPANET returns with new LP "Inertial Frame" and EP "Reference Frame" taken from the previously mentioned. EP includes exclusive full length tracks and EP exclusive full length and instrumental versions.

Linked with both Drexcyian and Dopplereffekt camps, no one really knows for sure who ARPANET is. Following on from their mighty "Wireless Internet" on Record Makers set a couple of years back and 2d "Quantum Transposition" on Rephlex in 2005, this album for Record makers develops their conceptual electronic fragmentation into yet another evocative and mysterious strand of sub-marine electro.

Though Inertial Frame serves the usual amount of killer loops, mysterious percussive treads and midnight melodies, Arpanet returns here for our greatest joy with BEATS and - please note the issue held in such an assessment- a whole bunch of fully SUNG tracks.

An instantly recognizable tapestry of Motor City soundscaping updated from the most seminal of archives, Inertial Frame TALKS the listener into derivative reflections on quantic physics and pays tribute to the works of 20th century great scientists.

MOTOR CITY addicts: this is your new holy grail... GRAB IT NOW !

• 4 weeks later...

Archived