IGNORED

NFTs for music / auction music to the highest bidder via crypto tech

auxien

Some days I think everything is just a pump-and-dump scheme. And not just the stock market, crypto, NFTs, etc (as demonstrated by the inordinate influence a single Tweet can have on all of their price/value), but possibly everything in the world with an economic component, if you widen the definition of 'cashing out'...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

very cool stuff

wait til you see this

i checked out this Really Cool Desktop Background website here: https://wallpapercave.com/really-cool-desktop-backgrounds

and they are all so really cool! i wish they only were not just really cool backgrounds but instead they were NFTs that i could pay for.

honestly each and every one, even the Hulk background, is totally very cool and easily worth a doctor's yearly income at the very least. i am glad that i have this kind of very real money that i could in theory offer to pay for each and every one of these very cool backgrounds and own the image perpetually, for eternity! that would be such a good feeling, dropping a hundred thou or so on an that cat face made of flames, and every time i opened my laptop seeing it staring back at me, would be worth every penny.

but unfortunately these are just free backgrounds that are not for sale ? i do not know how to express my pleasure in this case, i equate large sums of very real money with exclusivity and status, which these Really Cool Desktop Backgrounds would all grant me if only i could purchase them. but alas this is not the case.

i honestly do not understand how the internet perpetuated itself to this day and time so far past its birth without enabling paying creators of such awesome images in large sums of Very Real Money. we should all be so thankful that now we can express ourselves and support them in the ways that non fungible tokens have allowed us. this is truly the future.

image.png.fbdb3aedb09a8e7daee9c9bb0187b301.png

• Haha 4
  • Big Brain 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 1:47 PM, auxien said:

wait til you see this

i checked out this Really Cool Desktop Background website here: https://wallpapercave.com/really-cool-desktop-backgrounds

and they are all so really cool! i wish they only were not just really cool backgrounds but instead they were NFTs that i could pay for.

honestly each and every one, even the Hulk background, is totally very cool and easily worth a doctor's yearly income at the very least. i am glad that i have this kind of very real money that i could in theory offer to pay for each and every one of these very cool backgrounds and own the image perpetually, for eternity! that would be such a good feeling, dropping a hundred thou or so on an that cat face made of flames, and every time i opened my laptop seeing it staring back at me, would be worth every penny.

but unfortunately these are just free backgrounds that are not for sale ? i do not know how to express my pleasure in this case, i equate large sums of very real money with exclusivity and status, which these Really Cool Desktop Backgrounds would all grant me if only i could purchase them. but alas this is not the case.

i honestly do not understand how the internet perpetuated itself to this day and time so far past its birth without enabling paying creators of such awesome images in large sums of Very Real Money. we should all be so thankful that now we can express ourselves and support them in the ways that non fungible tokens have allowed us. this is truly the future.

image.png.fbdb3aedb09a8e7daee9c9bb0187b301.png

amazing stuff

BL6PpLA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

NTFs.

Or how with enough hype, wealth flex and money involved, you can scam people out of a GIF.

I still find this absolutely unbelievable to witness, GIFs selling for thousands of dollars. It's beyond comprehension.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

• 3 weeks later...

1 - Why do this?

Art.

2 - Can you tell me a little about yourself?

Hey, I'm Geoff. After many previous adventures involving cycling through many countries on a unicycle [0] I now live a minimalist lifestyle in a van [1] that is slowly working its' way around Australia. In a previous life, with friends, we had a small business running computer gaming LAN's and we ran the first eSport competition in Australia. Somewhere inbetween that I ran one of the first ever video [2] blogs.

I respectfully ask that you don't quote me as “$company person Geoffrey Huntley said” – if I speak for a company, I will publish on its channels.

3 - What's the server situation?

For authenticity I was going to host at PRQ but unfortunately they don't offer servers with enough disk space. The seedbox hosting the torrent has 4 x 10TB Sata drives configured in RAID0 and the website is humming along just fine even though the website is going insanely viral.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRQ

4 - Do you see this as more of an art piece? What do you see as the role of art in society?

It's an educational art project. Back in the 1990s in Australia there was a politican that was gaining popularity and their viewpoints are (still to this day) quite harmful to the LGBTQ community. In response one of the members of the community responded by creating art which was successful in changing the course of Australian politics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIkCzvGnolY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tZRZSGxcE…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XpDQp0Yfc0…

Earlier this morning I was hanging out in a Twitter space for NFT's and the host was:

• "we wanna launch this project"
  • "once launched we gonna get the merch store out"
  • "merch gets more people interested in the NFTs"
  • "more people buy the NFTs and you'll get rich"

Fundamentally, I hope through http://thenftbay.org people learn to understand what people are buying when purchasing NFT art right now is nothing more then directions on how to access or download a image. The image is not stored on the blockchain and the majority of images I've seen are hosted on web2.0 storage which is likely to end up as 404 meaning the NFT has even less value.

5 - What's your general take on NFTs?

The utility (and value) of NFT's will be created through social media platforms. For many digital representations is > physical representation and (if/when) Twitter/TikTok (discord backed away from it) roll out the ability to display flair on a social media profile that will be a turning point. We see how bananas people go over the Twitter blue verified checkmark - now think how social media will change when people have the ability to display verifiable proof of membership (early investor of Uber, Forbes 30 under 30) vs adding the words to a social media bio. All of this however could be achieved without blockchain.

What people dream to build with "web3" is quite amazing. The underlying technology not so much and the greed/scamming going on is sickening. The dreams for a different future remind me of the internet in the 1990s. What's fascinating here is the communities are very strong and can self-fund the discovery phase. Where it goes pear shape is when (see above example from twitter space) "we gotta get new blood in to pump/dump"

finally

I can be contacted via https://ghuntley.com/contact

https://gist.github.com/ghuntley/9261d469bc7b0e10789538ddd3609e0b

2 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

haven't seen an .nfo with ASCII art in ages. kudos!

Quentin Tarantino is breaking into NFTs.

Announced Tuesday, the award-winning director and writer is auctioning off seven uncut scenes from “Pulp Fiction” as nonfungible tokens, also including original handwritten scripts from the film and exclusive audio commentary from Tarantino himself. The collectibles will be auctioned on NFT marketplace OpenSea.

Tarantino is scheduled to comment on the “Pulp Fiction” nonfungible tokens during a panel alongside crypto investor Mike Novogratz, founder and CEO of Galaxy Digital, and others, at the NFT NYC conference Tuesday afternoon.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/02/quentin-tarantino-to-offer-seven-uncut-scenes-from-pulp-fiction-as-nfts.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/17/business/miramax-tarantino-nft-pulp-fiction.html

“The Billion Dollar Torrent,” as it’s called, reportedly includes all the NFTs on the Ethereum and Solana blockchains. These files are bundled in a massive torrent that points to roughly 15 terabytes of data. Unpacked, this adds up to almost 20 terabytes.

“The NFT Bay” Shares Multi-Terabyte Archive of ‘Pirated’ NFTs (Torrentfreak)

• Like 2

half a million bucks to be snoop's neighbor in a virtual world? that's a deal. imagine all the virtual fun they will be having when the rest of us have to deal with real life

• Burger 1

A decentralized autonomous organization called MODA DAO seeks to adopt Web3 technology in the music industry. Designed with a new, Web3-driven approach to publishing music in mind, MODA "aims to remove the middlemen of traditional streaming services," according to the group itself. The idea is to give artists full control over their catalogues with a framework they call "Music3." MODA DAO's treasury will be used to create tools for artists to release their music, as well as providing grants for artist projects. The group are also working on an "audio NFT aggregator" that will take the place of ordinary mp3 downloads. The platform will allow artists to upload their music as NFTs and allow users to listen to the NFTs without having to transfer ownership.

Richie Hawtin, deadmau5 join MODA DAO for releasing and licensing music, streaming NFTs (Resident Advisor)

• Confused 1
  • Burger 1

21 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

kinda difficult to wrap my brain around how cringey and horrible and pathetic and ridiculous this is all wrapped up together. fucking wretched.

On 12/11/2021 at 5:49 AM, dcom said:

good takeaway from the article is that it seems like they've got just a teeny bit of money right now but no tangible (fungible?) plan for moving forward it seems. this was just a media announcement to get the big names out there and attract attention and more income from smalltime 'investors'

• Like 1