IGNORED

NFTs for music / auction music to the highest bidder via crypto tech

auxien

19 hours ago, dcom said:

Money for Nothing (Vicky Osterwell/Real Life)

lol - excellent. i enjoy the tone of that piece. 

This effect is only strengthened the more people there are agreeing that the matter at hand is “cool,” “interesting,” or “complicated” — a process of mass, self-inflicted intellectual gaslighting.

Nonetheless, if the popular press is full of explainers “clarifying” what a “very complicated” investment phenomenon is all about, hide your wallet: You are being shilled into a game of Three-Card Monte.

18 minutes ago, tbf said:

wonderful. now I'm starting to feel repulsed by patreon for how it's creator praises facebook, twitter, and the rest of the brainwashing machine for "trying to be the best at getting creators paid" and says that now 75% of kids aged 6 to 17 years old want to be an online video creator like it's an amazing thing while calling it a cute "naive optimism". where the hell are we headed?

this guy loves the smell of his own farts... or drinks his own piss.. or both. 

headed? lot's of people making shit fighting for attention on line. people soaking it up and being tribal about it. 

feedback loop? wtf. "passion economy".. ugh. 

how many music tech youtubers do shoutouts to their followers to thank them for the new couch they put in the studio? all of them i think. 

Came across tezos and hic et nunc which runs on proof of stake rather than proof of work so uses a fraction of the energy.

Put a couple of bits up to have a play around with the technology.

Decentralisation could be a great thing if done right.
But yeah, popped into a cople of the bigger NFT discords for research and it's pretty gross what's going on.

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

To be fair, that tweet is quoting an article that was corrected shortly after its publication two years ago. Bitcoin still uses a ludicrous amount of energy in terms of its user base (far more than fiat currency), but the stat quoted is vastly exaggerated and completely untrue.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, purlieu said:

To be fair, that tweet is quoting an article that was corrected shortly after its publication two years ago. Bitcoin still uses a ludicrous amount of energy in terms of its user base (far more than fiat currency), but the stat quoted is vastly exaggerated and completely untrue.

the most recent thing i read said bitcoin is equal to the amount of energy used by Argentina. not sure if that's still true or if it was true at the time. 

real question: could they find a way to create a currency out of the act of planting trees or something like that? do altcoins neccessarily need to come into existence by way of massive cpu energy expenditure?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

real question: could they find a way to create a currency out of the act of planting trees or something like that? do altcoins neccessarily need to come into existence by way of massive cpu energy expenditure?

plant a tree, get 1 Treecoin!*

*Treecoin can only be traded for a free personal pizza at participating Pizza Hut locations. 1 redemption per week, per family. 

• Burger 2

Ted Koinzynskis are a special form of cryptocurrency that use cpu power to develop elaborate computer viruses designed to destabilize all other forms of cryptocurrency & stop them from destroying the environment

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

there is one, but currently in its infancy and more about trees you smoke for medical purposes.

"What [investors] do is they buy the coin and as it gets utilied by the pharmaceutical industry, or, maybe one day, it might be even be by law that you have to buy it through this. For the people that bought that coin, the demand goes up that that coin goes up.

"As of 2022, my company is the largest producer of medical marijuana in the world. If I was to force all of my customers, from your pharmaceutical people down to your Joe Bloggs, to use my cryptocurrency, for example. This coin will go through the roof. And eventually, the coin would be a marijuana-backed coin.

"At the minute the service that it does is very medical. Obviously, the reason that I bought into the company is because yes, I want to push more to the medical marijuana."

also, maximillian white is an investor so you know its going to be lit

https://www.mediconnectuk.com/

https://medium.com/@Mediconnectuk/medi-token-ico-how-to-be-involved-7b3b1fb37c4

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

real question: could they find a way to create a currency out of the act of planting trees or something like that? 

they could print the currency on actual paper. 

• Big Brain 1

21 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

"What [investors] do is they buy the coin and as it gets utilied by the pharmaceutical industry, or, maybe one day, it might be even be by law that you have to buy it through this. For the people that bought that coin, the demand goes up that that coin goes up.

"As of 2022, my company is the largest producer of medical marijuana in the world. If I was to force all of my customers, from your pharmaceutical people down to your Joe Bloggs, to use my cryptocurrency, for example. This coin will go through the roof. And eventually, the coin would be a marijuana-backed coin.

reality is the worst

8 hours ago, purlieu said:

Bitcoin still uses a ludicrous amount of energy in terms of its user base (far more than fiat currency), but the stat quoted is vastly exaggerated and completely untrue.

fiat currency requires the largest militaries on earth and exploitation on an unthinkable scale.  it requires coups and assassination of leaders threatening fiat currency.  this statement you made is absurd to me.  when leaders of countries threaten US petrodollar dominance, all of a sudden they get murdered and their plans cancelled.  the vast apparatuses necessary to make that happen require far more energy than bitcoin.  yes, even in terms of the user base.

Edited by cyanobacteria

https://milliontokenwebsite.com/

MillionTokenWebsite (MTW) is the Internet's canvas – a 1000 by 1000 pixel grid for sale on the Ethereum network with each 5x5 pixel plot as its own Non Fungible Token (NFT), stored on the Ethereum blockchain. Think of it as a new and improved version of the 2005 website, Million Dollar Homepage.

Landowners are able to draw or upload an image to their plots, link out to any website, and resell their land on the open market. We welcome artists, advertisers and internet enthusiasts to Million Token Website.

• Burger 1

could the technology behind NFT's, or whatever it's called that identifies a digital artifact as the original, not serve some other purpose, like identifying a digital document as the original? like a digital contract or something? I had a discussion with someone recently about NFT's, and we both agreed the concept of paying thousands for some stupid jpeg is ridiculous. but it came up that this sort of technology could be implemented in other avenues. 

and apologies if this was already discussed in the past 12 pages...I saw this thread again and this came to mind.