IGNORED

NFTs for music / auction music to the highest bidder via crypto tech

auxien

I've had NFTs on my mind this morning and I keep coming back to the old saying "fashion is always last to the party."

Edited by TubularCorporation

• 2 weeks later...

Fox has announced its upcoming animated comedy Krapopolis, from Rick and Morty creator Dan Harmon, will be “the first-ever animated series curated entirely on the Blockchain.” The company plans to try to generate buzz for the show with its own brand-new NFT company dubbed Blockchain Creative Labs

https://www.fox.com/krapopolis/

https://www.theverge.com/2021/5/17/22441078/fox-blockchain-animated-series-dan-harmon-nft

Saw a tweet for what I think was maybe one of the first XXX NFTs? I can imagine celebrity likenesses could be big business, especially for financially strapped or deceased celebs.

GameStop has  a new web portal for an NFT platform and their own crypto token

We welcome exceptional engineers (solidity, react, python), designers, gamers, marketers, and community leaders. If you want to join our team, send your profile or something you've built to: nfteam@gamestop.com.

https://nft.gamestop.com/

https://etherscan.io/address/0x13374200c29C757FDCc72F15Da98fb94f286d71e#code

• 2 weeks later...

NFTs were always about speculation, and interest in both the big-ticket art items and the cheaper collectibles is fading rapidly. Sales are plummeting. The NFT bubble has popped. Whether another NFT bubble rebounds in its place may depend in part on whether the above applications sound more to you like gem mint comic books or Pokémon cards (which retain value thanks to rarity and their association with legendary brands and nostalgia) or... Beanie Babies and Franklin Mint medallions.

The ongoing Bitcoin crash certainly isn’t helping. There’s also rising attention to the disproportionate environmental costs of cryptocurrencies and NFTs, which suck up huge amounts of electricity to fuel the cryptographic algorithms that run blockchains, and crackdowns on crypto in countries like China. The downward trend in Bitcoin prices could reverse itself as it’s done innumerable times before, although the frenetic boom-and-bust cycle of cryptocurrency makes it all but impossible to guess whether NFTs will do the same or remain a flash in the pan.

NFTs Are Crashing and Who Could Have Seen This Coming Other Than Basically Anyone? (Gizmodo)

• Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 1:02 PM, Nebraska said:

I do love the idea of the NFTs, but as with physical art, it seems (stupid and rich) people will spend in any shit they can just for the sake of it. That cryptopunk stuff is absolute trash.

• 2 weeks later...

source code of the world wide web is now for sale as an NFT (and original code)

Work includes:

Original archive of dated and time-stamped files containing the source code, written between 3 October 1990 and 24 August 1991. These files contain code with approximately 9,555 lines, the contents of which include implementations of the three languages and protocols invented by Sir Tim; HTML (Hypertext Markup Language); HTTP (Hyper Transfer Protocol); and URIs (Uniform Resource Identifiers), as well as the original HTML documents that instructed early web users on how to use the application

Animated visualization of the code being written (Video, black & white, silent), lasting 30 minutes 25 seconds

A Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) representation of the full code (A0 841mm wide by 1189 mm high), created by Sir Tim from the original files using Python, with a graphic representation of his physical signature at lower right

A letter written in the README.md file (in “markdown” format) by Sir Tim in June of 2021, reflecting upon the code and his process of creating it

https://www.sothebys.com/en/buy/auction/2021/this-changed-everything-source-code-for-www-x-tim-berners-lee-an-nft/source-code-for-the-www

On 6/3/2021 at 2:06 PM, dcom said:

With so many people vaccinated the rich kids are going back to spending their money to do a lot of coke on a yacht with underage prostitutes.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 4:58 PM, TubularCorporation said:

With so many people vaccinated the rich kids are going back to spending their money to do a lot of coke on a yacht with underage prostitutes.

i didn't know hunter was into nfts