IGNORED

Breakcore thread

Limo

Feel like this belongs here..

3 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

Been a while since I payed attention to this scene but this recently came out and nowhere better to post it so..

edit: It seems to remain a small but dedicated scene, nothing like it really!

Long live Dancecore!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 4:54 AM, Hugh Mughnus said:
On 3/3/2021 at 8:26 PM, MIXL2 said:
On 3/3/2021 at 7:25 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:
Track C08: 'Grape Nut Beats (Pt.1)' is an extended and slightly tweaked version of 'Which Cunt? (µ-Ziq's 6/8 Remix)', Originally by The DJ Producer AKA Mr. Luke McMillan & remixed by me (obviously). The original 'Witch Hunt' was released on the 'Better The Devil You Know...' 12" on Rebelscum (SCUM006) as well as on the CD 'Bastard Sonz Of Rave' by Hellfish And Producer on Planet Mu (ZIQ058). My remix of it is on SCUM010 'Interpretation' (2LP & CD) - Used by kind permission of www.rebelscum.co.uk in return for me remixing it in the first place - It's only fair!"

from the liner notes.

Expand  

cheers for that, I do like to mention hellfish+producer anyway tho since they often are forgotten when talking about mike p..

did he ever say anything about the loop lifted on hard love? I remember reading something about it but I may be confusing it w something else..

Hmm! I don't recall reading anything on Hard Love tbh? Good track though, I'm curious to know more. 

I knew I had read about it! here ya go

On 2/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, KovalainenFanBoy said:

5aU5rpo.png

KKVOoGp.png

there is more info on that thread about it, very interesting story!

edit: one of the sampled tracks in question (1:41)

Edited by MIXL2
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I found and uploaded this while delving deep into ~2007 breakcore derivatives.. it includes a ton of rlly cool noise and weird stuff too!

Edited by MIXL2
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 11/18/2021 at 3:35 PM, MIXL2 said:

Anyone remember ladyscraper?

I remember

Hell yes. Saw a performance at Elektrowerkz in London once, might have been for Bangface or potentially something else.  Really savage crowd as well that night. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/28/2021 at 6:02 AM, cern said:

Breakcore is just a trend that really came and died out fast. 

The really most amazing artist that only released some few albums was Xanopticon

Just got my face melted off by Xanopticon in the pacific northwest. He's still making music, and his live sets remain blistering and delightful. He just doesn't ever release anything. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...