IGNORED

Breakcore thread

Limo

1 hour ago, Adamovich said:

And this guy wants to treat breakcore seriously? LOL what a fucking noob.

Never said that i wanted to take it seriously. I was stating that i find the humor incredibly unfunny and i was naming the things i personally dont like about the genre. Its just my opinion

• Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

See, that’s the thing. Occasionally I try to listen to him and every time I find him insufferable. Uncommonly for a breakcore artist he takes himself way, way too seriously.

I find the safest thing of his to go back to at all times for me is the Hospitality EP or The Chocolate Wheelchair album. Not that I don't personally still listen through most of his stuff, but those are what I would outwardly give to someone that doesn't want his Rossz style things or the other "this is too serious" stuff.

This thread makes me feel old as fuck.

Let's be honest, it's a bunch of annoying as fuck american and german white people who have stripped all the deece bits out of jungle because they don't get it, and then added a whole load of shit stuff that only teenage boys with stinky fucking bedrooms could possibly enjoy.

I can't tell you how many festivals and gigs I went to from about 2005-2008 that were ruined with this stupid fucking shite. Non-breakcore artists and djs closing off their sets with breakcore and gabba just cos everyone else was at it. I'm glad it's completely fucked off forever.

(ps some of it was wicked, and also trackers are cool)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Venetian Snares failed alot with his Breakcore stuff because he tried to make it more intense and he never did better in that area as for example Xanopticon again.

Then he start to sing in his tracks and really bad also like wtf? 

He should totally change dirrection like he did with Last Step! Those releases are not Breakcore but totally awesome electro kind of track. 

Bong-Ra? For me Bong-Ra is great in the Jungle genre not Breakcore. 

breakcore got old reaaaly fast indeed cause everyone was doing it but nobody could reach the ankels of Xanopticon or venetian snares in his prime.

Did enjoy the parties in Belgium tough for the few years it was hip ?

There's one guy everyone's forgetting here and that's datach'i, don't even think i should call it breakcore but if you want some mindmelting drugged over the top violence check out his album black trees,

https://datachi.bandcamp.com/track/the-thing

with mmale/ffemale an absolute fav of mine. He moved on but i miss stuff like this so much ?

fuck i wish Xanopticon would release another album ?

• Like 2

I feel that I was a bit too harsh against Vsnares.. my bad!

There was a time he resleased some dope Breakcore material for example "Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding" and "Cavalcade Of Glee And Dadaist Happy Hardcore Pom Poms" Shit that is some long names for albums init? 

The orchesteral stuff was cool as the first time it came out.. It was really hyped wtf even young girls in my hood listened to that stuff. 

But here is one of my favourite Breakcore tracks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cern said:

He should totally change dirrection like he did with Last Step! Those releases are not Breakcore but totally awesome electro kind of track

I like Last Step, too. It's basically 7/4 acid. But there are Last Step tracks where he also sings, lol

Xanopticon truly pushed breakcore tot the edge and over it. A master of sound experimentation. It's so sad that he's only released one album. Please xani we want more! Doesn't matter if it takes until 2099 to release it

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

14 hours ago, Adamovich said:

Sorry for the triple post lol, does anyone know what track eitherherd plays at around 6 :19 minutes? Also nice doc, I hadn't seen it before

44 minutes ago, thumbass said:

As much as I LOVE Swarm & Dither and Oiseaux 96/98 (wouldn't have called these Breakcore but eh, who cares), if you want some proper beat destruction, Irrevocably Overdriven Break Freakout Megamix is what you need.

Also :

Finally, for a more modern twist on the genre

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thumbass said:

Sorry for the triple post lol, does anyone know what track eitherherd plays at around 6 :19 minutes? Also nice doc, I hadn't seen it before

It's probably something made either by Eiterherd himself or someone from Praxis label. 

• Like 1

I still think Go Plastic was the ultimate "breakcore" record. Granted, I'm not sure where "drill n bass" ends and "breakcore" begins.

• Like 5

when the core enters, breakcore is much closer to gabber than drill n bass ever was. I'd argue it's much rawer, and dirtier both in production standards/execution and sound, even if some of it is super well produced in it's own sense.

• Like 2

breakcore (in various subgenres) i like and recommend : hecate, rotator & shit from peace-off label, somatic responses, drop the lime, cavage / C8 collective,

vsnares (i know mostly his early shit, pre - 2006 )

bogdan can go breakcore in his way

it seems I have to listen back to some xanopticon. ah yeah Praxis also.

+ I remeber of an italian underground label releasing this distorded breakbeat / breakcore / industrial V.A. called "smash biotek " ---  this is very good --- :

Edited by neurone

On 3/1/2021 at 2:46 PM, Adamovich said:

It's probably something made either by Eiterherd himself or someone from Praxis label. 

Cant seem to find it... It sounds like a banger though